Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

upgraded my internet connection will see if that helps 10 to work

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 dannyboy950

dannyboy950

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 10 September 2015 - 09:59 PM

I just upgraded my isp to the next faster speed. We will see if that helps win 10 work a lil better.

At least windows updates will be able to dl faster/better..

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dannyboy950

dannyboy950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:19 AM

Well that helped a little at least it downloads faster but it has not speed up internal functions any. Just thought it might make win 10 work a little better on here.

Guess I need a newer bigger capacity computer. Anyone have Santas e-mail addy lol.

#3 reckonankit

reckonankit

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 11 September 2015 - 01:43 AM

Windows 10 upgrade or installing to update need good internet connection. If you have better internet connection that it will be help you. You can also check your internet connection speed from several tools like speedtest or some others

#4 dannyboy950

dannyboy950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2015 - 11:04 AM

A piece of advice do not try to get into an AT&T Modem /router. It doesn't like it. I lost my internernet for a little while, had to reboot 3 times to get it back where it belonged and all I was doing was looking. At least on their Pace model modems. The old motorolas I used to have no problem.

#5 herbman

herbman

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 12 September 2015 - 06:05 AM

Even on the slowest internet connections Win 10 should work fine    make sure you have a clean install and you should be fine.  I have the slowest internet connection on the planet and Win 10 moves a long plenty fast .

I still don't think it offers anything worthwhile to make people switch but it runs OK . 

#6 Randem

Randem

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 03 October 2015 - 05:51 AM

To get Windows 10 to work really good with your internet connection you will need to turn a few things off.

Windows Update is now a P2P application and will use your connection to server other Windows 10 users with updates.

Info

More Info

People who don't know what they are talking about will provide arguments instead of any valid proof to their claims...

#7 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 03 October 2015 - 03:48 PM

Windows Update is now a P2P application and will use your connection to server other Windows 10 users with updates.

You can disable that option, you don't have to use Windows Update as P2P.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#8 Randem

Randem

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2015 - 04:35 PM

You can disable that option, you don't have to use Windows Update as P2P.

Yes, I know I was the one who did the original complete write-up on it - Details

People who don't know what they are talking about will provide arguments instead of any valid proof to their claims...

#9 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2015 - 06:15 PM

You aren't the one who came up with that idea, concept or process however.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#10 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 03 October 2015 - 07:08 PM

Yes, I know I was the one who did the original complete write-up on it - Details

You did your write-up on Sept. 30, 2015.

Yes, others did it before you. Therefore yours is not the "original" write-up.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2955491/windows/how-to-stop-windows-10-from-using-your-pcs-bandwidth-to-update-strangers-systems.html August 3, 2015

http://www.networkworld.com/article/2957205/microsoft-subnet/tweaks-to-windows-10-settings-for-privacy.html August 5, 2015 mentioned on this page

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/turn-off-windows-update-delivery-optimization August 6, 2015

Now that this has been cleared up, STAY ON TOPIC and stop your attempts to draw someone into an argument.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 03 October 2015 - 07:18 PM.

#11 Randem

Randem

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2015 - 07:15 PM

Ah, so you assume that the date something is posted on the internet makes it original, I see... That explains everything. No need to help people here...

Edited by Randem, 03 October 2015 - 07:16 PM.

#12 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 03 October 2015 - 07:30 PM

No, I do not assume a date makes it "original". Simply pointing out that others posted the same thing you did before you did.

I repeat, STAY ON TOPIC and stop your attempts to draw someone into an argument.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users