Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

KANGAROOS....species survival, Aussie style

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 10 September 2015 - 06:05 PM

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-11/kangaroo-rescuer-chris-brolga-barns/6759582

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_JWebb_*

Guest_JWebb_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 10 September 2015 - 06:24 PM

I always heard that kangaroos are huge pests because there are billions of them.

#3 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,107 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2015 - 10:29 PM

Current 'roo population for NSW is approx 12 million.....Australia wide is estimated to be around 45 - 50 million

http://www.animalsaustralia.org/features/ban-kangaroo-exports-California.php

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 10 September 2015 - 11:38 PM

Like anything, 'roos can stress the environment if they develop excessive numbers, and they can be serious pests for farmers at times, damaging crops etc.

We raised a couple of orphaned joeys when I was a kid on the farm. Funny little critters - hung in a hessian bag from the towel rail adjacent to the fuel stove to keep them warm. They need modified milk formulation and a teat with the hole at the side, their throat doesn't regulate a direct stream well, at least when they're little.

We didn't keep them long - a cousin of my Dad's kept pets & they joined them.
Top 5 things that never get done:

#5 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,705 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 11 September 2015 - 01:16 AM

They taste great too. And way healthier than Pork Beef Lamb or Chicken.

Recipes - Kangaroo Industry Association of Australia

#6 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 11 September 2015 - 01:24 AM

Except when we discovered a tail we were going to use for soup, was full of worms...
We stopped using wild-killed roo.
Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users