Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anyone know how to analyze Mozilla Crash Reports?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PetarSickey

PetarSickey

• Members
  • 151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 10 September 2015 - 02:54 PM

I need to find out why Mozilla is crashing - I haev the crash reports right in front of me but I have no idea what it means.''

Under Crash Reason on the Details tab, it says, EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION_READ.

I am currently going through the long code output on the Raw Dump tab - the exception occured in module xul.dll:

Here's a snippet of a small part of the raw dump:

{ "crash_info": { "address": "0x2c000000", "crashing_thread": 0, "type": "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION_READ" }, "crashing_thread": { "frames": [ { "file": "hg:hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-release:js/src/jshashutil.h:5500ee2a6206", "frame": 0, "function": "js::DependentAddPtr<js::HashSet<js::ReadBarriered<js::UnownedBaseShape *>,js::StackBaseShape,js::SystemAllocPolicy> >::DependentAddPtr<js::HashSet<js::ReadBarriered<js::UnownedBaseShape *>,js::StackBaseShape,js::SystemAllocPolicy> ><js::StackBaseShape>(js::ExclusiveContext const *,js::HashSet<js::ReadBarriered<js::UnownedBaseShape *>,js::StackBaseShape,js::SystemAllocPolicy> const &,js::StackBaseShape const &)", "function_offset": "0xb", "line": 31, "module": "xul.dll", "module_offset": "0x7211b", "offset": "0xf7211b", "registers": { "eax": "0x2c000000", "ebp": "0x0012eea4", "ebx": "0x0012ee78", "ecx": "0x0012ee78", "edi": "0x0064a350", "edx": "0x0012eea4", "efl": "0x00210206", "eip": "0x00f7211b", "esi": "0x0d03e5e4", "esp": "0x0012ee28" }, "trust": "context" }, { "file": "hg:hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-release:js/src/vm/ObjectGroup.cpp:5500ee2a6206", "frame": 1, "function": "js::ObjectGroup::defaultNewGroup(js::ExclusiveContext *,js::Class const *,js::TaggedProto,JSObject *)", "function_offset": "0x18b", "line": 532, "module": "xul.dll", "module_offset": "0x5ff2b", "offset": "0xf5ff2b", "trust": "cfi_scan" }, { "frame": 2, "module": "xul.dll", "module_offset": "0x1c3b8ff", "offset": "0x2b3b8ff", "trust": "cfi" } ], "threads_index": 0, "total_frames": 3 }, "main_module": 2, "modules": [

I sent to Mozilla but I have not heard back from them, obviously there is a hash table or something that throws and exception upon reading something or other ... perhaps there is something missing where there should be something or some lock should have prevented something from reading, I don't know yet, just curious if anyone's seen this before.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PetarSickey

PetarSickey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 151 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2015 - 03:00 PM

By the way, does someone know how to disable PrevX 3.0.  It says that Prevx 3.0 is my antivirus software but I don't think it's even installed properly anymore - that might be the problem with xul.dll.

#3 PetarSickey

PetarSickey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 151 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2015 - 03:29 PM

Prevx is no longer on my computer but Microsoft's Security Center says Antivirus is ON and that it's Prevx.  I guess it's just benign but I'd love to turn thatON to off.  Bu thow?

#4 PetarSickey

PetarSickey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 151 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:09 PM

Prevx is no longer on my computer but Microsoft's Security Center says Antivirus is ON and that it's Prevx.  I guess it's just benign but I'd love to turn thatON to off.  Bu thow?

I solved this error by turning off Security Center, then turning it back on - it no longer shows PrevX3.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users