Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pixelated Lines of Color Preventing Startup

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 griffwald1

griffwald1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 10 September 2015 - 02:10 PM

Alright, I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro shortly after it released. By upgraded, I mean performed a clean install.

More or less, the computer has worked fine for the weeks since. Now, for the past 2 days, I have been unable to use it because at startup the computer's keyboard and mouse turn off, and the screen displays broken lines of pixelated green, pink, and blue. (To be clear, I make it into and/or past the BiOS totally fine)

I don't have many support options due to the fact this PC was put together by me. So, to that end, my specs are:

MSI Z87-G45 mobo

Intel i7-4770k (no overclocking at present)

NVIDIA GTX 760

Samsung EVO 120GB SSD (have reinstalled Windows 10 solely on this, still producing the same errors)

[Random Thermaltake something something] 750W gold-rated PSU

Corsair h100 series liquid cooling

As I said, everything had been working fine. Then I put the computer to sleep, and when I returned the next day, the screen flashed white fuzziness. On restarting from that, the colored lines are all that happens. I am able to boot into safe mode. That is another weird thing, the colored lines (and keyboard/mouse power off) don't happen until after I go through the bios screen, and see the initial Windows 10 loading screen, then they shut off, and the screen turns to the lines within 20 seconds after.

I'm pretty lost. I'm assuming since I can force it into safe mode (at that split second when I have the windows 10 load screen), the problem is lying with hardware. I have confirmed all wiring is correct, dust is clear, and everything looks/sounds as it should. The only thing that was happening before this was that I would get intermittent "Nvidia kernal has stopped working, but has recovered" notifications popping up. As I type this I'm sort of realizing my graphics card must be done, but maybe someone can offer another opinion?

Thanks very much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 1029rjmenvy17t

1029rjmenvy17t

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2015 - 06:19 PM

Hello,

You can try to do a System Restore point to back before this problem started from safe mode

Since you made your PC yourself which is pretty cool :) you should have a copy of windows 10

If you do please follow the next link

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2569556/safe-mode-windows.html

You need to have a DVD or USB of Windows 10

Edited by 1029rjmenvy17t, 10 September 2015 - 06:22 PM.

#3 griffwald1

griffwald1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2015 - 06:46 PM

I installed it as a clean install, as I was coming from windows 7. Then most recently I reinstalled, but to an SSD with no OS, so a clean install. The same problem persists.

I did try a system restore before I reinstalled, which completed successfully but didn't fix the problem.

#4 1029rjmenvy17t

1029rjmenvy17t

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:59 AM

Hello,

Ok, have you tried updating Nvidia to there newest drivers for Windows 10?
Because you said something about Nvidia driver not working well that probably is the problem​.

Here is the link to the newest Windows 10 Driver From Nvidia for your 760GTX Desktop Card.

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/90500

Edited by 1029rjmenvy17t, 11 September 2015 - 06:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users