Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound stutter and lag while clicking mouse

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Aurelis

Aurelis

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:47 PM

Recently i've built a new pc and made a clean system installation and i've got a weird issue i can't fix related either to motherboard or windows.

Basically after some time in games i start getting audio stutter and even some lag whenever i click mouse buttons and only mouse buttons. Plugging and unplugging the mouse fixes this for a time (could be couple of hours before the issue appears again). The longer i wait before unplugging the mouse the worse it gets. After some time i also notice that some stuter appears even without me clicking the mouse.

Id like to know how can i diagnose this issue and whether it is related to hardware or software (i've tried switching off all of the 3rd party software and reinstalling audio drivers without any success).

My system is as follows:

Asus Maximus Hero VIII z170 motherboard

Intel 6700k Cpu

Nvidia 970 gtx gpu

Logitech g602 wireless mouse

Logitech g19s keyboard

Windows 10 PRO

I've tried switching off all non critical windows and 3d party services in msconfig and i thought that it actually worked but after trying to switch 3d party services one by one i still had that issue appearing.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aurelis

Aurelis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:12 PM

I've traced the issue using LatencyMon to Wdf01000.sys driver which starts at 10 ms and goes over 150ms delay's eventually. In turn i found out that the LCDHost software which is used to display different info on my g19s keyboard lcd screen might be using that driver and causing the issue overtime.

I've been wondering whether it is possible to definitely link that driver to that software and issue and perhaps somehow fix it.

Wdf01000.sys is used by a lot of software and hardware apparently and its really hard to trace it to something specific.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 18 September 2015 - 12:25 PM

File Info .

Since it's a Windows file...running the sfc /scannow command (to replace missing/damaged system files) is the way that I would go.

SFC -SCANNOW Run in Command Prompt at Boot - Windows 7 Forums - http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/139810-sfc-scannow-run-command-prompt-boot.html

SFC -SCANNOW Command - System File Checker - Windows 7 Forums - http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users