Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why Do They Have To Put Trash In Movies?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 16 July 2006 - 02:18 PM

You know movies are just getting worse. They are filled with nude women and people doing drugs. Even in a good movie they just have to ruin it by throwing in a scene of a nude women or man or talk dirty.

Why do they have to cuss all the time? Why is cussing needed?

Do you get turned off by movies filled with junk? We read reviews before we go see movies now because we have seen many that are filled with garbage that when you walk out you feel like you just wasted your money.

Edited by jgweed, 17 July 2006 - 06:56 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2006 - 09:35 PM

I know this phrase has been run into the ground, but I'll say it again: "Sex sells." Apparently, so does violence and cussing. I guess most people either want it, or don't seem to care.

I don't like it, either; filth doesn't make a movie better, it only makes it worse. BTW...there is a website that tells you just about every dirty thing that a movie holds:

Plugged In Online

This is a good tool, not just for the "religious," but for parents, too! :thumbsup:

#3 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2006 - 09:53 PM

If a movie is good, i'll like it. I love movies that include nudity, violence, and language, but i also like a ton of movies that have none of those. I just hate movies that make language and nudity their selling points. I can't say i hate movies that make violence their main points, because i like a lot of those movies ("Kill Bill", "Running Scared", "Saw", "Hostel"...... all freakin awesome movies).

If you don't like to see that stuff, don't bother paying for the tickets or rentals. Simple as that.

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2006 - 10:12 PM

Well what im saying is you cant hardly see any movies even the good ones have come garbage in it. I just wonder why they add it.

Yeah I use that site and another one a lot.

I mean whats the point of adding topless women and nude scenes? They could easily make a better story and skip those scenes.

Some movies that may have a good story are full of cussing that makes you sick and you just turn it off(or at least I do) or get a cuss word blocker.

#5 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 16 July 2006 - 10:19 PM

If you don't like to see that stuff, don't bother paying for the tickets or rentals. Simple as that.

I feel the same way you do Heretic Monkey. Also what I find funny is some of the pure movies which try to convey the world as being some peaceful place that never has any violence. Where are you living?

It's not only movies, but TV shows as well. That's why I don't watch TV much anymore, I can never find anything really entertaining. By the time I go to bed at night (around midnight) I flip on the TV for maybe 3 minutes before I fall alseep, and Fresh Prince of Bel-Aire use to be on Nick-At-Night, however now in there cycle, it's "The Bill Cosby Show." Which by the way I can't stand. I have nothing against Bill Cosby, but I just find the show fake. The average faimly doesn't have a mom and dad which are a lawyer and a doctor, and resolves family issuses so easily.

However, on the flip side, I don't like show where they take the violence and sex to the extreme, where they act like Strip Clubs are on ever corner.

One point I'd like to make out:

I read a review from that site you posted rms4evr.

The one about You, Me, and Dupree. I have not yet seen the show, so I am going by what the site is telling me.

A lot of the information they present about each specific content, is actually what most people encounter through out there life. Like the following, could happen to any man. I can see why it was classified as "sexual content," however it's not for purely sexual purposes.

Sexual Content:

Mr. Thompson subtly suggests that Carl get a vasectomy, and he hands him medical brochures. (We see anatomical drawings of the procedure.) Dupree adds, "No one gets near that part of my body unless it's a woman." After one of his mishaps, he rolls on the ground, holding his groin and saying, "My little Duprees!"

Dupree sleeps in the nude, and we see his naked backside in one shot.

Please.... a man's back? Personally I'd rather look at a woman's back then a man's.

Most of the movies today portray life the way it is around on the world an here in America.

#6 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2006 - 10:52 PM

People all over america sleep nude???

Yeah like old shows such as the the Fresh prince of bel air and Family matters. Or The andy grifith show or I dream of geanie. They werent filled with cussing and were just entertaining.

Cussing can be blocked if you want but it seems they put more effort into how they can fit in another dirty word than they do in the movie.

#7 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2006 - 11:03 PM

People all over america sleep nude???

I never said that.

But now that you did bring it up, there are some people out there that do sleep in the nude. It's natural, men have been sleeping in the nude since the beginning of time.

Cussing is overrated. It is used too much in society. Soon enough some "curse" words will evntually become common language. However some words aren't always needed. Especially the dirty words that are used sexually, however other words that are allowed on TV are common language already.

Yeah like old shows such as the the Fresh prince of bel air and Family matters. Or The andy grifith show or I dream of geanie. They werent filled with cussing and were just entertaining.

Yes I agree. Shows back then were written by people who grew up in the time before the generation that sat and watched the shows. Same thing happening now. Most writers incorporate the swearing and nudity because it is needed in some movies.

Edited by yano, 16 July 2006 - 11:09 PM.

#8 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2006 - 11:07 PM

That's why I use that website, or watch/read other movie reviews. If I decide that I don't want to sit through excessive violence and sex, then I don't. I'm a pretty good judge at what I will like and don't like; I've yet to see a movie that I had to walk out on.

I also don't like it when a movie is given a PG-13 of R rating, and parents take their kids to see it, and complain about how violent/filled with sex it was!! Those ratings were given to a movie for a reason!!! If you don't want your kid seeing a naked butt, or someone getting shot, then, for Pete's sake, DON'T TAKE YOUR NINE-YEAR OLD KID!!!!! Use pluggin.com, or some other site, so that won't happen!!!

I don't know if people in America sleep in the nude, but I don't want to see it; I might be able to tolerate a suggestion of it, but I don't want to see anyones bare backside.

Some old shows are good, (I'm addicted to Fresh Prince as well!! :thumbsup: ) but if you can't stand sexual innuendo, avoid Golden Girls like the plague...I speak from experience.... :flowers:

As for cussing...yeah...news flash for some of you movie producers...a long string of "f" words is not a sentence...you might try a thesaurus next time. :trumpet:

#9 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2006 - 11:12 PM

I also don't like it when a movie is given a PG-13 of R rating, and parents take their kids to see it, and complain about how violent/filled with sex it was!! Those ratings were given to a movie for a reason!!! If you don't want your kid seeing a naked butt, or someone getting shot, then, for Pete's sake, DON'T TAKE YOUR NINE-YEAR OLD KID!!!!! Use pluggin.com, or some other site, so that won't happen!!!

Exactly. Parents now-a-days, are too lazy to do research to know what there children will see in the movie. Thats why (up til the age of 14) my parents would watch a movie together before they would watch it with me. This way there wouldn't be any "akward" moments.

#10 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2006 - 11:25 PM

Cussing is overrated. It is used too much in society. Soon enough some "curse" words will evntually become common language. However some words aren't always needed. Especially the dirty words that are used sexually, however other words that are allowed on TV are common language already.

Like the episode of south park that made fun of people making a big deal of the "s word". It ceased being a word used during extreme situations, and became a regular, over-exploited word.

As for cussing, why are the words so bad anyway? What makes them especially offensive? They're words. They have no real "horrible" meaning. I don't see why s*** is any worse than "crap" or "poo". And why don't people dislike "meecrob"?

"Curse words" really have no basis as to why they are "bad" to say. There were probably just a group of people in the past that said "We're bored, let's create some new rules. No one can say certain words anymore!!"

As for the "sleeping nude" thing, why not? It's comfortable, keeps you cool in the summer, and if you're not exposing yourself to anyone else that doesn't WANT to see your naked self, i don't see a problem with it.

Along those lines, i LOVED the hypocrisy of christian/"family value" groups regarding a certain motion picture. For years they've been complaining about violence in films, then RUSHED their entire family, young children and all, out to see one of the most violent films of the year..... can someone guess? That's right..... the glorious snuff film known as "The Passion"....

Edited by Heretic Monkey, 16 July 2006 - 11:28 PM.

#11 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2006 - 11:28 PM

Exactly, exactly Heretic Monkey.

That southpark episode was awsome. I laughed my a off.

Why exactly are they "curse" words anyways? My guess is that they are frequently used for situations which people are uncomfortable with.

Like Monty Python's, Useage of F (google it, it's hillarious).

Ditto for the sleeping nude. As long as I'm in the privacy of my own home, I'll sleep in any form I wish.

#12 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2006 - 11:34 PM

As for the "sleeping nude" thing, why not? It's comfortable, keeps you cool in the summer, and if you're not exposing yourself to anyone else that doesn't WANT to see your naked self, i don't see a problem with it.

Ditto for the sleeping nude. As long as I'm in the privacy of my own home, I'll sleep in any form I wish.

Too...much...information...guys.... :thumbsup:

#13 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2006 - 11:36 PM

Well I don't see any probably with it. Many men sleep in the nude. I'm sure if I created an anonymous poll here we would have a good percentage of people who do. However, I don't know if forum rules would permit to do that.

#14 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2006 - 11:42 PM

AAAAAHHHH!!!! I DON'T WANNA KNOW!!! Must...be...ignorant...and...get...back...on...topic.... *eye twitches*

#15 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2006 - 11:45 PM

Ok. Back on topic. But to make the point clear about the curse words;

My mom adopted a ruler that I liked and took advantage at the age of 12. She changed her policy of me swearing to, if they say it on TV you can say it. Because she realized that kids at school say it, and I was going to say it when she wasn't around anyways. So there was no point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users