Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remote Desktop at login screen.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Macauley2401

Macauley2401

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 10 September 2015 - 11:27 AM

Hi,

I go to Canterbury College and they have the school system set up so that students can do a remote desktop connection a there server and login into their accounts using there own computers. I bring my laptop to college and I have to login to the remote desktop using a shortcut on my desktop to use it. I have searched the web and do not know if it is possible for me to set it up on Windows to let me instead of clicking my user name on the lock screen but let me sign into the remote desktop as soon as I turn the computer on. This will make it easier than login into my home account and then the school account if I could log straight into the school system. At the moment the school laptops automatically connect to the remote desktop server when you turn them on.

Big thanks to anyone that can help.

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,276 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 10 September 2015 - 01:56 PM

This all sounds like it needs to be directed to the school IT personnel...it's their system and they undoubtedly will be able to assert whether what you desire is feasible on the university network.

Louis

#3 Macauley2401

Macauley2401
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 10 September 2015 - 02:05 PM

They have given instructions on going to Windows remote desktop and login in so thats possible. Its just a way that I need to be able to log straight into it.

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,442 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:30 PM

I'm not 100% clear on what you want to do, but you could put the Remote Desktop link in your Startup folder.  I don't have a Windows 10 machine running at the moment, but the location for Windows 7 is:  C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp

I don't know if that's what you're looking to accomplish.  I also don't know if you're using the Windows Remote Desktop, or another application.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users