Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office 365 lost key componets/Excel & Outlook

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 newagedavey11

newagedavey11

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 AM

Posted 10 September 2015 - 10:48 AM

Hello All,

Using subscription Office 365, on Windows 8. Lost the ability to use Excel and Outlook Exchange. There seems to be no way to fix corrupt files in Office 365. I need to have Excel on local computer so program can access it, Otherwise this program continously search for Excel, and not finding it will not open. I tried Sys Restore, but it could not restore files successfully. The program that I cannot use is Quotesoft estimating program. Can I install office 2010 to get needed Excel program? Thank you for your help.

Dave Russell

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,600 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:01 PM

Click or tap Control Panel. 

Under Programs, click or tap Uninstall a program. 

Click or tap MicrosoftOffice 365, and then click or tap Change. 

Click or tap QuickRepair, and then click or tap Repair.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 newagedavey11

newagedavey11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2015 - 01:34 PM

Hello DC3,

Thanks for your help. My status has changed. I do not have Office 365 on my comp anymore, My IT guy who is an idiot, has stated that he cannot re-install 365, so he took it off. My problem(s) are this, and I hope you can help. I run Windows 8, my version for some reason cannot upgrade to 8.1, I need Excel on my computer so my Estimating software can run, ( it looks for certain files before opening, if not there it will not open).I suggested  installing Office 2010, IT guy said he tried but it erred out. IT guy wants to uninstall Windows 8 and do a clean install of 8.1, which would cause many headaches and delays.

Is there any way you might be able to ascertain what I could do to get needed Office program to install?

I know this may sound like a can of worms but any help you can render wouldbe greatly appreciated. I am here to answer any questions that may arise. Thanks again

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,600 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2015 - 01:45 PM

If you can't get Windows 8 to upgrade to 8.1 this is a issue the Microsoft would address at no cost.  What will most likely happen will be a response from a level two tech who if they are unable to resolve this will send it on to a level one tech.

What is the error message that you receive when Office 2010 fails to install?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 newagedavey11

newagedavey11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2015 - 02:20 PM

I am afraid the IT guy is not answering my calls. I do not think he even tried to download Office 2010. I would like to try and download it myself, but I will have to buy it. Thanks for your help DC3, I do not want to waste your time. I can tell there will be no easy fix for this one.

#6 newagedavey11

newagedavey11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:21 PM

Hello DC3,

I have simplified my problem that I originally posted about. To solve the main problem, I had to download and install Office 2007, to be more precise I had my IT guy do it. Unfortunately he left Office 2013 installed, so my app looks for Excel, and sees Off.2013 first,( which is corrupt), and without intervention will not open.So I am asking for your help in deleting Off. 2013. It looks like I need to use a removal tool which MS is happy to provide, but I am afraid it will un-install Off. 2007 also.

Normally I would have no problem with that, but I do not have Product Key which I am sure would be needed for re-installation.Is it possible to un-install Off. 2013 without touching Off. 2007? I realize I may have to update and repair Off. 2007 after dumping Off. 2013. Your help will be truly appreciated. Thanks.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,600 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:08 AM

Go to the Microsoft Community website and read the solution suggested by Rohn007.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users