Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What are the chances of all my components failing over a month?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 starcorefail

starcorefail

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 09 September 2015 - 07:53 PM

First my psu and mobo

I replace them, a week later my gpu

And now i just ordered another CPU 20 min ago

Granted i did by all the parts close together. This has been very expensive. I pretty much changed everything but my SSD, hard drives and Bluray burner

Is this normal? or a freak occurrence? I tried to google about it and no topics about it.

I did get a GTX 970 and i just ordered a i7 4820k, from the i7 3820

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2015 - 05:05 AM

How did you determine how these product failed?

Do you have surge protectors on your power and network/cable connections?

I've lost components when power surged through my LAN adapter.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 starcorefail

starcorefail
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2015 - 06:09 AM

How did you determine how these product failed?

Do you have surge protectors on your power and network/cable connections?

I've lost components when power surged through my LAN adapter.

Yea i have a decent surge protector

Well, ill try to find a link. I posted on this forum. I had an issue w/ power fluctuations.  http://goo.gl/LZcS6Q and http://goo.gl/lA6oUU are the links.

We determined that it could be my PSU, MOBO or RAM. Well, i bought all three of these and everything was good. Than my GPU started overheating bad when gaming, so i purchased a GTX 970. It was awesome! It worked great for a few days and then i found that my CPU temps are getting critical all of a sudden. My NZXT kraken has a LED and i noticed it went from green to red. So i ran CPUID HWmonitor and noticed it was running at 64c. I just bought new fans and did not install them yet, so i installed 8 new fans hoping they were the issue. I was wrong, the fans are in a push pull config also (Linus tech tips on YouTube had a good tutorial on it). My CPU is rated for 66.8c (i7 3820). As i literally changed every part of my PC except for the CPU and the SSD, SSHD, HDD and BluRay burner. This has to be the issue. It was not the RAM, the old RAM i put 16g in my fathers comp and he has no issues w/ memtest86. Every time i ran it,  i had different amount of errors. Not many errors, from 1 to 5 errors.

Anyways i bought a i7 4820k as the i7 3820 are crazy expensive now! i paid 300 in 2012 for it and now they are 450-1000 dollars. the i7 4820k is better and it is only 330. Even used i7 3820s on ebay are 250. My old board was a Asus p9x79 deluxe, and my new board is not as good but gets the job done. My new board is a MSI X79A-GD45 PLUS-R. I planned on buying the LGA 2011 V3 or switching to something that supports DDR4, but w/ everything dying like it did so quickly i am strapped for cash.

I put new paste on my CPU, made sure the radiator was free of dust. It had a small layer in some spots between the fans. The CPU runs about 25-30c on Idle. Also, my HD 7970 did have issues. It was stll under warranty w/ asus and they need a few more parts till it is sent back to me. They said 5 - 7 business days till they send it out and it has been 11 business days.

At the moment, after my new cpu comes Friday

I7 4820k

MSI X79A-GD45 PLUS-R

24 gigs of DDR3 1600 Ripjaw

240 gig Intel SSD

4TB HHSD

2TB HDD

Asus GTX 970

NZXT Kraken x60

Corsair RM 850 PSU

Asus DVD/BluRay optical drive

NZXT switch 810 case.

I had before everything went to bleep:

i7 3820

Asus p9x79 deluxe

HD 7970 Matrix

Cougar CMX 1000 (I loved this brand, they are mainly European. I got a tad more than 3 years of constant use)

Mushkin 120g SSD

4TB HHSD

2TB HDD

16 gig of Gskill 1333 RAM

Asus dvd/BluRay optical.

NZXT Kraken x60 (I bought two, as they were on sale and i put the second one 3 months ago)

NZXT switch 810

I have the same monitors, ASUS VG248QE x2

as you can tell i LOVE asus. I wish my new Mobo was Asus. But ill wait till i upgrade. Probably be at least a year.

Edited by starcorefail, 10 September 2015 - 06:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users