Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screens Fatal Exception Errors/ Freezes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lizzyhock

lizzyhock

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 16 July 2006 - 01:26 PM

Hi!
Compaq presario 5BW120 128MB (upgraded) RAM WIN ME IE-6.0 SP1

My hard drive is about 3 months old, bought brand new, formatted in fat 32, NOT partitioned.
the first problem, (if it is a problem), is it is reporting that I have only 18.6 GB hard drive when it said on the package it was supposed to be a 20 GB hard drive. 15.3 GB free / 3.27 used.
when I formatted it I installed win 95, and went up from there to 98, and then to ME. It now has ME
There is only one error, I know of. Which is a hardware error. I never installed the driver for the internal modem, cause the driver is reccomended for win 98 only.
So when the found new hardware thing pops up at startup, I hit cancel.
I keep getting fatal exception blue screens, and out of resources warnings, all the time.
I ran avast antivirus scan, your Mcaffee stinger scan, adaware, spybot, and bazooka scans.
I went to run and typed MSCONFIG and changed to selective startup, and turned off alot of unnecessary stuff.
I clean my temporary internet, cache, and history files out pretty often. at least once a week.
But I still have the problem. Spybot, adaware, and bazooka all found nothing wrong.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 1:35:04 PM, on 7/15/2006
Platform: Windows ME (Win9x 4.90.3000)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SPOOL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\ALWIL SOFTWARE\AVAST4\ASHSERV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\ALWIL SOFTWARE\AVAST4\ASHWEBSV.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\EARTHLINK 5.0\CONMGR.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\ALWIL SOFTWARE\AVAST4\ASHMAISV.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\SPYBOT - SEARCH & DESTROY\TEATIMER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RPCSS.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\EARTHLINK 5.0\ETOOLBAR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RNAAPP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\TAPISRV.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MOZILLA FIREFOX\FIREFOX.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SLRUNDLL.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\MY BRIEFCASE\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://www.earthlink.net/partner/more/msie...ton/search.html
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.hotmail.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.earthlink.net/partner/more/msie...ton/search.html
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADOBE\ACROBAT 6.0\READER\ACTIVEX\ACROIEHELPER.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {C7768536-96F8-4001-B1A2-90EE21279187} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast! Web Scanner] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\AVAST4\ASHWEBSV.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ConMgr.exe] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\EARTHLINK 5.0\CONMGR.EXE"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ashMaiSv] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\AVAST4\ashmaisv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [avast!] C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [StillImageMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - Startup: EarthLink ToolBar 5.0.lnk = C:\Program Files\EarthLink 5.0\etoolbar.exe
O4 - Startup: PowerReg SchedulerV2.exe
O4 - Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\npjpi150_06.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\npjpi150_06.dll
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O13 - WWW. Prefix: http://
O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0015-0000-0001-ABCDEFFEDCBA} -

Oh By the way RESTORE is turned off and the "Temp" folder is empty, so that can't be the problem either.

Edited by lizzyhock, 16 July 2006 - 01:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,716 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2006 - 07:51 AM

Sorry for the delay. If you are still having problems please post a brand new HijackThis log as a reply to this topic. Before posting the log, please make sure you follow all the steps found in this topic:

Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log

#3 lizzyhock

lizzyhock
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2006 - 01:00 PM

Sorry about that, I accidently posted twice I don't know how to delete this one

Edited by lizzyhock, 05 August 2006 - 01:16 PM.

#4 lizzyhock

lizzyhock
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2006 - 01:06 PM

Sorry about taking so long to get back to you, it has been almost impossible to surf or to go anywhere on the internet without "page timeout errors", or having to reboot due to the "OUT OF RESURCES" errors. I think I may have found and fixed part of the "page timeout errors" problem. I hope I got it all.
My "weatherfox" was being hijacked to: "an.tacoda.net" and some other an.tacoda website and "doubleclick.com". I uninstalled the weatherfox from my firefox browser now I can surf without page timeouts. But I still get out of resources. Especially when I try to print pictures from Microsoft photo editor.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:59:04 PM, on 8/5/2006
Platform: Windows ME (Win9x 4.90.3000)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\ALWIL SOFTWARE\AVAST4\ASHSERV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RPCSS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\ALWIL SOFTWARE\AVAST4\ASHWEBSV.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\ALWIL SOFTWARE\AVAST4\ASHMAISV.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\SPYBOT - SEARCH & DESTROY\TEATIMER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\TAPISRV.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\SOFTWARE BY DESIGN\STAYLIVE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\EARTHLINK 5.0\CONMGR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RNAAPP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SLRUNDLL.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MOZILLA FIREFOX\FIREFOX.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\EARTHLINK 5.0\ETOOLBAR.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\SECRETMAKER\SECRETMAKER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\MY BRIEFCASE\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://www.earthlink.net/partner/more/msie...ton/search.html
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.hotmail.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.earthlink.net/partner/more/msie...ton/search.html
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADOBE\ACROBAT 6.0\READER\ACTIVEX\ACROIEHELPER.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: IeHelper Class - {A491D208-B353-490F-B81A-A8A3DC97042D} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SMIEHLP.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast! Web Scanner] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\AVAST4\ASHWEBSV.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ConMgr.exe] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\EARTHLINK 5.0\CONMGR.EXE"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\QTTASK.EXE" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ashMaiSv] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\AVAST4\ashmaisv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [avast!] C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [StillImageMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - Startup: EarthLink ToolBar 5.0.lnk = C:\Program Files\EarthLink 5.0\etoolbar.exe
O4 - Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: SECRETMAKER.lnk = C:\Program Files\Secretmaker\secretmaker.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download with Free Download Manager - file://C:\Program Files\Free Download Manager\dllink.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download web site with Free Download Manager - file://C:\Program Files\Free Download Manager\dlpage.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download all with Free Download Manager - file://C:\Program Files\Free Download Manager\dlall.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download selected with Free Download Manager - file://C:\Program Files\Free Download Manager\dlselected.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\npjpi150_06.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\npjpi150_06.dll
O10 - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider 'smnsp.dll' missing

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,716 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2006 - 08:03 PM

I am unsure what weatherfox is? Do you have a link to the software?

First,

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browserClick Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browserClick Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.]

Then,

I see you are running Spybot's TeaTimer. Spybot's TeaTimer can interfere with the changes you will make on your system, so please follow these instructions to temporarily disable Spybot's TeaTimer:
1. Start Spybot - Search & Destroy.
2. In the Mode menu, click Advanced mode if not already selected. Click Yes at the warning prompt.
3. Next, expand the Tools menu in the bottom left-hand corner, followed by clicking on the Resident icon.
4. Uncheck the option labelled "Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) active".
5. Exit Spybot - Search & Destroy and reboot your computer to make these changes take effect.

Lets fix these entries though I do not think this will fix the problem.

You can re-enable Spybot's TeaTimer once your system is clean by reversing these steps.

Last,

Print out these instructions and then close all windows including Internet Explorer.

Then I want you to fix some of those entries. Please do the following:

Please make sure that you can view all hidden files. Instructions on how to do this can be found here:

How to see hidden files in Windows

Run Hijackthis again, click scan, and Put a checkmark next to each of these. Then click the Fix button:

Reboot your computer and post a new log and tell me if its any better?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users