Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

scanner problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ross Lauger

Ross Lauger

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 09 September 2015 - 12:29 PM

win 7,  IE 11,  several different machines.  Unable to scan, error  states no scanner available.  My multifunction  printer is  listed but  can't print to or scan  from. There is another copy of the machine which is greyed  out also listed. A third party software application,the electronic medical record, says no twain  driver found.  I have removed  and reinstalled the  printer both from the origional OEM drivers and windows updates,  no help.  any suggestions?

Edited by hamluis, 09 September 2015 - 02:09 PM.
Movec from Win 7 to External Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,525 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 09 September 2015 - 12:44 PM

If the printer came with a CD-DVD install, and you have Revo Uninstaller [only Pro version works on 64-bit software], were you able to delete leftover folders, files & registry entries?

!True - Bleeping Computers does not recommend registry cleaners or editors, and rightly so!

[If Revo is ok in here to mention; let me add -- make backups before doing the above!]

I think Revo has a great reputation for removing programs that I am comfortable mentioning it.

Edited by RolandJS, 09 September 2015 - 12:50 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 09 September 2015 - 02:08 PM

Printer/scanner model?

Typically, you cannot scan without a twain driver.

Louis

#4 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,799 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:10 PM

When I installed the HP C5500 AIO unit, I didn't use the software HP supplied.  I let WIN7 find what it needed.  Including the scanner under Windows FAX and scanner.  HP has too much bloatware on their installation disks.

#5 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,667 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 11 September 2015 - 05:40 AM

When I installed the HP C5500 AIO unit, I didn't use the software HP supplied.  I let WIN7 find what it needed.  Including the scanner under Windows FAX and scanner.  HP has too much bloatware on their installation disks.

When you load the disc into your machine, choose CUSTOM INSTALL and you will not get any bloatware.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users