Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Files transferred to another computer becomes corrupted

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 laxoole

laxoole

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 09 September 2015 - 08:54 AM

My problem pertains to the files I transfer to other laptops. 

I have 2 computers at home. I get my files from my desktop computer then transfer them to my external hard drive [WD 1 TB]. 

When I copy these files from my external drive to another external drive, I use my laptop. I copy the files first to my laptop then remove my external drive. Precaution to not get infected. I then insert the other external drive, and use the command "Send to" to send the files. I do not open the external drive. After the copying process. when the files are being viewed, some files are corrupt while the others are not. And when these files are deleted, they cannot be deleted?

Does any of my materials have a virus? 

Thank you for your response

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users