Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Update checking not working error 8024A00

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Patstin

Patstin

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 09 September 2015 - 12:22 AM

After replacing hard drive and cloning old hard drive computer was running slow.  I recovered computer to factory setting, but now I can't  check for updates.  I can't install internet explorer 8, can't install service pack 2.  Several updates were done immediately after the recovery but I can't run Windows Update.

Computer is a vista home premium  OS,  X86, service pack 1 build 6001, cpu E2200 2 core, 3.5 GB memory, SMBIOS version 2.5

I have tried all fixes listed on the internet when googled, tried the fix it took, tried the tweaking.com fix, but still cannot update.

Please help

Edited by hamluis, 09 September 2015 - 06:05 AM.
Moved from AII to Vista - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 AM

Posted 09 September 2015 - 06:39 AM

Download SP2, 32-bit , install it from your desktop.

Download IE 9, 32-bit, install it from your desktop.

After those two events...then go to Windows Update.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users