I tried every solution out there for 3 straight days to fix this evil DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION bsod and nothing suggested worked! I finally came across this solution and was blown away when it actually worked. Took a mere 20 seconds and no messing with installing/uninstalling drivers etc. This was posted by someone named Peter.....and Mr. Peter, I thank you!!!
Virtual Memory caused by a corrupt registry entry can be the cause of your Watchdog violation
We are going to change your virtual memory
- Right click on Icon named "This PC" formally know as My Computer
- Click on Properties
- Click on Advanced system settings
- In the section named Performance click on Settings
- Click on Advanced tab
- In the Virtual memory section click on Change
- Make sure "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" is UNCHECKED
- Click on C: (or your OS drive letter) and make sure it is highlighted
- Check box for System managed size and click Set
- Click on OK
- A message box will appear tell changed will take affect after a restart.
- THAT'S IT.... YOU SHOULD HAVE NO MORE PROBLEMS.
Edited by Malibu442, 22 September 2015 - 03:30 AM.