Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New user accounts[local]

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dannyboy950

dannyboy950

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 08 September 2015 - 08:55 PM

So as you add new users you have to regenerate your favorites it will not carry over the previeous user favorites but you can import IE favorites and HP favorites for me at least was the case. Did not seem to make a difference if the acct was made in start menue or just users and groups.

Is this correct?

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BenjaminGordonT

BenjaminGordonT

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 08 September 2015 - 08:59 PM

Um... I guess... Sort of hard to understand but I think I understand what your saying... Yes it is true each user account has a different set of favorites it will not sync them unless you ask it to... If you want it to sync your favorites between accounts then you need to import your old favorites from your new account in Internet Explorer or whatever browser you are using... Then you will have a duplicate set of favorites in each account...

#3 dannyboy950

dannyboy950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2015 - 09:18 PM

I need to explain this better First account bt default was an admin account but basically could be shared. Second account was a local machine account with admin privelages. When I tried favorites only IE and HP would sync but not favorites created by the first act. Such as Bleeping computer etc.

I then created a 3rd limited user act that I will probably run in from now on. Each act has a different password and user ID. Again only favorites from IE and HP would populate but none from the second user acct. So each acct I have to add bleeping computer and others back by hand.

Comprostand better.???

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 08 September 2015 - 10:07 PM

The reason why HP showed up in the new user accounts is because you have an HP system.

There was no synching involved.

Favorites do not import from one user account to another. It can't for the simple reason that is does not ask if you want to import them.

Each user will be able to set up his/her own favorites list.

If you are the only one using all the accounts the solution is to go to copy the favorites from that account to the favorites folder of the new account.

edited to delete another way because I tried it and it did not work.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 08 September 2015 - 10:09 PM.

#5 dannyboy950

dannyboy950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2015 - 04:15 PM

Thank you I finally got that straight in my head and working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users