Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Issues with Windows 8.1 and a Dell Latitude XT

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BenjaminGordonT

BenjaminGordonT

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 08 September 2015 - 08:34 PM

OK So I have this really frustrating issue maybe one of you guys can help me with... So I installed Windows 8.1 on my Dell Latitude XT and so far everything has been going great except for this one issue... Whenever I turn on my computer or restart it once it is loaded I can't connect to the internet... The computer connects to the WiFi network just fine but if I open Internet Explorer or the Windows Store or anything else then it just says unable to connect. What fixes it is going to Internet Options and resetting everything... Then everything works fine until the next reboot... I can't figure out what is going on... Everything works perfectly until I reboot then I can't connect to any websites until I reset Internet Options... Obviously there is a setting or something that is messing it up but I can't figure out what it is... On another note this started when I installed "Dell Quickset" which is the program that controls the Tablet PC buttons on the front and a bunch of other features... Would appreciate any assistance you guys can provide...

Thanks,

-BenjaminsiPod

Update: It is so weird... I can access the Windows Store but can't get any pictures... Internet Explorer doesn't work at all but Google Chrome does albeit slowly... It's like it's only blocking certain Windows Servers... ?????

Edited by BenjaminsiPod, 08 September 2015 - 09:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rajeev45

rajeev45

• Banned Spammer
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:08 AM

Make sure the wireless switch is on. It will be either a sliding switch on the left or right side edge of the computer, a key combination or single key. Toggling this switch will turn all the wireless connections (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Mobile Broadband) on and off, at the same time. Look for a wireless icon...

#3 BenjaminGordonT

BenjaminGordonT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 09 September 2015 - 08:34 AM

Make sure the wireless switch is on. It will be either a sliding switch on the left or right side edge of the computer, a key combination or single key. Toggling this switch will turn all the wireless connections (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Mobile Broadband) on and off, at the same time. Look for a wireless icon...

Yes the wireless switch is on. The computer can connect to Wireless networks just fine so I know the wireless card is working fine... It just won't connect to any websites... Like I said before it is very odd because Spotify works fine as soon as I boot and can connect to their servers perfectly fine... Google Chrome works too although slowly... but even in google chrome I can't connect to Bing or any other Microsoft service until I reset Internet Options... So weird...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users