Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer died, really don't know what to do anymore

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Fluttershy

Fluttershy

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 08 September 2015 - 06:37 PM

When I got home from work earlier today I went onto my computer and tried launching Malwarebytes, it didn't open so I ended the tasks in Task manager, then I tried running it several times (It's on an SSD and usually loads instantly) and eventually my computer started freezing. Eventually I couldn't click on anything, I tried Ctrl Alt Del, my computer eventually tried going to the menu but stuck on a green screen with a loading mouse icon, it then turned black and hung. I turned my computer off then tried turning it back on, but I was given the 6 long beeps (GPU Error) which really surprised me. After a little messing around (taking my graphics card out and putting a different, working gpu in) I still couldn't get anything on the screen. There were no more beep errors. The only thing I could do was use Teamviewer on my phone to remote into my computer, it worked, but suddenly everything on the hard drive disappeared, my desktop and wallpaper was gone, along with explorer.exe. This made me panic as I thought my newish 500GB SSD had failed, so I took my usb to sata cable and plugged it into another computer. Everything was still there, but the computer will now not boot up at all, no display, it isn't connecting to my router, and there are only 6 long beeps with my big gpu installed which I have been using fine for more than a month now. Even with the gpu out and with no beeps, the computer doesn't allow me to remotely connect to it.

I do have 2 other hard drives and one of them has a recovery partition on it, although it really doesn't matter since I don't even get the BIOS screen anymore.

Another thing to note is that I replaced the old thermal paste on my CPU and monitored temperatures and they were a lot lower and fine, nothing had overheated; my computer was always giving out cool air.

I've tried removing each RAM stick to see if it's the RAM, but it didn't work. I only got 5 Beeps when there was no RAM in (Obviously)

Also another weird thing is when I turn the computer on I can hear some slight sounds in my Headset, it still does that but if I act as if I were logging in and tried using the beep command on command prompt I don't hear anything, don't even get anything when plugging in USBs.

I've also tried removing and leaving the cmos battery out for a while but it still doesn't work.

The only thing I can think of is that the CPU (i5-4460s) could be dead, but I did feel some heat coming from it whilst it was on so I really don't know anymore.

So, uh, someone help me please. I really can't live without a computer, and this laptop has a keyboard that is really hard to type with.

Qh0JjLo.jpg

Fluttershy is best pony.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Fluttershy

Fluttershy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 09 September 2015 - 04:04 PM