Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Can't connect to wifi network

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 aramis10

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 08 September 2015 - 06:15 PM

Hi Guys. 

I've been having a weird wifi problem since last Friday. For some reason my laptop can't connect to any Wifi network anymore. Every time I try to connect I get the following messages:
1- checking network requirements
2-Can't connect to this network

I've tried everything I found online and nothing worked:
1-Uninstalling and reinstalling the wireless drivers. Event with different versions 
2- Did a windows system restore
3-Turning wireless driver on and off
4- Restore the computer to its factory state using the Lenovo OneKey recovery
5-Scan the computer with McAfee and Malwarebytes antimalware for any threat.

If I connect using ethernet, everything works perfectly. 

Computer Info:
-Lenovo G50-70
-Model: 20351
-Windows 8.1 - 64 bit
-NIC: Realtek RTL8723BE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E

I some how believe that this issue is related to some Windows 8.1 update that messed up the wireless driver. How ever I'm not sure if the updates are desinstall with the lenovo system restore.

Another thing that caught my atention is that if I go to: Device Manager-> Enter the properties of Realtek RTL8723BE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E -> Advance. There are some missing Properties in the list, like Network Address. I'm not sure if that is important.

Please let me know if there is any other info you guys need.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nonic

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:47 PM

My wife has a Lenovo G50-45 with windows 8.1 64 bit and had an almost identical problem. A new Wi-Fi card fixed the problem.

Hope this helps.

Lead Me Not Into Temptation.....I Can Find the Way Myself !!!

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,067 posts
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 11 September 2015 - 05:30 PM

Wireless cards have been known to fail even sillier, the aerial connections have been known to to detach themselves.

If your wireless card is easily accessed - by a simple and easily detachable panel on the underside - it might be worth checking the connections. If your manual sheds no light on this search YouTube for videos on your computer model + teardown or + wireless card.

To check if it is your wireless card you could try using a USB wi-fi dongle. If you can't borrow one they are fairly cheap.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users