Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ad-aware Se Stops

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 poindexterdesign

poindexterdesign

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 16 July 2006 - 12:31 PM

I have SpywareQuake on my computer. I am trying to get rid of it and I am following the steps in preparation for a HijackThis log. I downloaded Ad-Aware and ran it, but it keeps stopping during the scan. The progress only lights up three bars and stops at "87270 Objects Scanned". Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2006 - 08:49 PM

Try running the Ad-AwareSE scan in "safe mode."
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 poindexterdesign

poindexterdesign
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2006 - 08:03 AM

I did that as well...the progaram stops even sooner in safe mode. I ended up getting rid of SpywareQuake with PREVX. It didn't catch it the first time I ran it, but the next time I started my computer is caught it and removed it. Thanks anyway.

#4 graveangel

graveangel

• Members
  • 399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 17 July 2006 - 10:33 AM

That could have been both the virus and a bad install of Ad-Aware.
It might be worth uninstalling and then to re-install it just to be sure, i have had a couple of installs that have been dodgy and upon a re-installation have worked as they should do!
Dont forget to update it again afterwards

Happy Browsing
....And on the 8th day God said, "When my children are intelligent, and create the Computer, for my sake may they never screw around with the registry or subscribe to AOL"Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users