Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I save to both the computer and OneDrive?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 McGyver_

McGyver_

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 08 September 2015 - 06:04 PM

I have used Windows 10 for 2 days.  I used Windows 8.1 for a couple of years, and I always saved new work in the OneDrive folder (in sub-folders) because I like the idea of having an automatic backup.  But now I think that I am not also automatically saving the files onto my computer.  There are a lot of document files in the OneDrive folder that I can't find anywhere else on the computer.  I right clicked the OneDrive app using the OneDrive icon on the task bar, then clicked Settings and the Folders tab and finally Use Folders. All of the folders are checked.  So I'm stumped.  The questions are where should I save new work and how do I make sure it is automatically saved on the computer and on the OneDrive system?  Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 08 September 2015 - 07:03 PM

Hi McGyver_ :)

Everything you save in the OneDrive folder (and its subfolders) will automatically by saved locally on your system as well. The only different between the OneDrive folder and the other normal folders, is that anything you save there will be uploaded to your OneDrive account in the cloud. So basically, just keep on doing what you're currently doing and you'll be fine.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Stephen H.

Stephen H.

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 09 September 2015 - 07:26 AM

If you right click on a file in the onedrive folder and go to the details tab, towards the bottom it will show you wether its available or not. From my understanding Windows 10 does not let you view thumbnails of things that are online only like windows 8.1 did. So if you can see it in the folder, it should be on your computer.

#4 McGyver_

McGyver_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 09 September 2015 - 11:46 AM

Thanks, Aura and Stephen. 

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 09 September 2015 - 12:15 PM

No problem McGyver, you're welcome :)

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users