Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recommended Review Site For Smartphones?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 tb75252

tb75252

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:11 PM

Which online site do you trust the most in terms of technical reviews for smartphone components?

I am in the marked for a dual-SIM GSM smartphone, preferably with a removable battery.  The carriers would probably be T-Mobile USA and some other European carrier (for when I travel).

A search online brings up tons of sites that review cell phones.  Buyt most don't go too much into the hardware side and concentrate more on the esthetics of the phone...

Are there sites that evaluate phones' CPUs, memory/storage chips, voice quality, display technology, Wi-Fi/cellular/Bluetooth/GPS range and quality, camera resolution, etc.?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,764 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 08 September 2015 - 07:22 PM

I personally prefer to use head to head comparisons at a site such as http://smartphones.specout.com/

Then when I've narrowed my choice down to one or two phones I Google that or those specific phone/s and read about a dozen reviews to get a less biased overall review. That's how I made my latest decision about 2 months ago. It's not easy and takes time. But in my opinion well worth minimizing buyers remorse on such a high end transaction.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 tb75252

tb75252
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:13 PM

I personally prefer to use head to head comparisons at a site such as http://smartphones.specout.com/

Then when I've narrowed my choice down to one or two phones I Google that or those specific phone/s and read about a dozen reviews to get a less biased overall review. That's how I made my latest decision about 2 months ago. It's not easy and takes time. But in my opinion well worth minimizing buyers remorse on such a high end transaction.

Thanks for the suggestion!

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,764 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:19 PM

You're quite welcome. Best of luck in your search.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 constanswhite

constanswhite

• Banned Spammer
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 08 October 2015 - 03:59 AM

I like Phone arena. It the latest and professional reviews for any smartphones.

#6 Zahid Iqbal1

Zahid Iqbal1

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 30 November 2015 - 05:18 AM

gsmarena and phonearena are best

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users