Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Seeking A+ Cert Practice Exams and Study Guides

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DenizB1992

DenizB1992

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 08 September 2015 - 09:52 AM

I'm planning on taking the CompTIA A+ Certification test before my birthday Oct. 09. How long would I need to study and also if you have any tips on how you studied and practiced for the exam I would really appreciate it. Websites that offer free study guides are needed as I am a student on a budget.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,279 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:52 PM

How long you need to study depends on what you already know and how quickly you pick up new information.  This will vary by individual.  I probably spent about a month on studying for my A+, but at the time had been working in IT for five years.  Even with working in IT for five years there were things I still needed to learn, mainly laser printing, something I hadn't had much experience with up until I started studying.

I used the Exam Cram books to study for my exams.  They do not walk you through every little thing.  They give you the information you need to know to pass the exam.  These books are not for people with little or no knowledge on the subject.

#3 TangoKiloRomeoZulu

TangoKiloRomeoZulu

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:49 PM

I have a copy of the Exam Cram text that Kilroy mentioned for use with the A+ exams 220-801 and 220-802. An OEM we work with requires techs to earn our A+ before we can earn our specialization certification through them, to complete self-service warranty repairs, so I'm finalizing my studying for the exams as I type. The Exam Cram text was a nice supplement for material I don't work with regularly, but if you're an auditory learner you may find the Professor Messer A+ training videos to be more your style.

#4 TechWiz365

TechWiz365

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 PM

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:27 AM

Professor Messer are a great set of free training videos to help you prepare for the exam.

Good luck!

#5 DenizB1992

DenizB1992
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:32 AM

Thank you guys, I really appreciate the support you've given me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users