Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

External Monitor with Black Screen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tewhitetewhite

tewhitetewhite

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 08 September 2015 - 07:55 AM

I have been using an external monitor with my laptop (Window 7  - 64 bit) for a full year, then a few weeks ago I lost the display on my external monitor. It is interesting because when I reboot my laptop with the monitor plugged in, I do have an image. I can see the image on the external monitor while windows is starting up. The image remains while Windows shows the "Please Wait" message and the circular icon is present. Once that portion of the startup is complete, the display on my external monitor goes away.

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,324 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:33 PM

Windows Key+P, change to Duplicate or Extend, whatever option you're looking for.

#3 AkhostiqTecq

AkhostiqTecq

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:03 AM

u can press F4 to choose how to display btn the monitor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users