Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible Computer Monitoring or Passwords obtained

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 steven10261

steven10261

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:29 AM

Huge problem very important... So i got  a new Laptop ill include specs at the end. Well had someone who is an IT wiz i believe Install windows 10 on my new laptop and he started uninstalling drivers and installing new ones which made no sense to me because they looked to be the same ones to me. but hes always done fishy things in my eyes and never fully trusted him so i remember seeing the words root access and and remote control and just a bunch of things that did not seem right to me and i swear he knows what is going on in my emails text messages facebook etc etc and hes just being this crazy stalker guy. well ive tried to wipe the laptop myself and try a whole new install but im not sure if i got everything because he still seems to know if im awake and when someone is messaging me and so on...     can someone pleas help me let me know what i can do to get a fresh start on my laptop   to see if i have the correct drivers and that are not modified by him... using visualtools for windows... oh and i remember him trying to install something to PDF files and printer ques... sorry if this all doesnt make sense im just desperate and tired of all this BS going on as im  typing...

***i have HP windows 10 pro edition

interl R core TM i3-4030U cpu 1.90ghz  1.90ghz

installed ram 8.00gb 64 bit oper  x64 based pros

full wind touch supp 

anything else let me know please

thank you soo much!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 965 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 08 September 2015 - 04:11 AM

Huge problem very important... So i got  a new Laptop ill include specs at the end. Well had someone who is an IT wiz i believe Install windows 10 on my new laptop and he started uninstalling drivers and installing new ones which made no sense to me because they looked to be the same ones to me. but hes always done fishy things in my eyes and never fully trusted him so i remember seeing the words root access and and remote control and just a bunch of things that did not seem right to me and i swear he knows what is going on in my emails text messages facebook etc etc and hes just being this crazy stalker guy. well ive tried to wipe the laptop myself and try a whole new install but im not sure if i got everything because he still seems to know if im awake and when someone is messaging me and so on...     can someone pleas help me let me know what i can do to get a fresh start on my laptop   to see if i have the correct drivers and that are not modified by him... using visualtools for windows... oh and i remember him trying to install something to PDF files and printer ques... sorry if this all doesnt make sense im just desperate and tired of all this BS going on as im  typing...

***i have HP windows 10 pro edition

interl R core TM i3-4030U cpu 1.90ghz  1.90ghz

installed ram 8.00gb 64 bit oper  x64 based pros

full wind touch supp 

anything else let me know please

thank you soo much!!

If your formatted and reinstalled windows , he has no access from any previous installed programs or changes he made.

If you feel he still does ? Uncheck Box in Allow Remote Access , or disable the service.

And change all your Passwords immediatley for any Online Accounts / Facebook / Twitter etc.

#3 steven10261

steven10261
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 08 September 2015 - 07:27 PM

yes when i whiped the whole laptop i even did the backup and reboot logs.. and just did a fresh install... so i guess he just may have obtained my pass words from a keylogger or something when i signed onto a few of my accounts at his place on chrome even though i was on incogneto mode.... maybe thats it right? ive changed two passwords so far i may have to do more accounts

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 10 September 2015 - 08:12 PM

Just a heads up steven, please go to Bleeping Computer Windows 10 discussion category, as there are numerous topics that you may need to know with regard to the new operating system features and privacy matters or alternately post a new topic to attract more helpers with your current situation. :thumbup2:

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users