Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer crashes--please help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shaarryland

shaarryland

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 07 September 2015 - 11:48 PM

Hi,

I have just used my windows disk to reboot my pc.

is still crashing. generally when running games. doesn't take much to crash.

is my 1st PC build and didn't know how to maintain pc. sprayed out pc to clean from dust but may have some still.

Please advise as to what should do to keep pc running well.

· OS - 7
·   x64
· What was original installed OS on system? 7
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? purchased
· Age of system (hardware) 4 years
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? 4 years yes just reinstalled

· CPU AMD FX8150

· Video Card    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX760
· MotherBoard - (if NOT a laptop)  ASUS CROSSHAIR V FORMULA
· Power Supply - brand & wattage (skip if laptop)  CORSAIR 850

· System Manufacturer  HOME BUILT  
· Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom)

· Laptop or Desktop? DESKTOP

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 08 September 2015 - 07:09 AM

Please describe these crashes.  There are no signs of crashes that I can see.

This could be a hardware problem - so start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

Your UEFI/BIOS (version 1102) dates from 2011.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  If you are able to install the update through Windows (without booting from an external drive), then go ahead and update it.  WARNING - if the computer might shut down during this procedure, please don't do it, as this may physically damage the computer and prevent it from booting.

No Windows Updates installed after SP1.  Most systems have 300 or more.  Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).

Post back if you are not able to get the Windows Updates.  There are many, many Windows Update and CBS errors in the WER section of MSINFO32

These devices have problems in Device Manager:

Unknown Device    USB\VID_0000&PID_0000\5&3AFD18BD&0&3    This device is working properly.
Network Controller    PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0023&SUBSYS_3071168C&REV_01\4&2B4059EA&0&28A4    The drivers for this device are not installed.

The unknown device is a USB device on your system.  Please check all USB devices and then install the drivers for it.

The Network controller is either a TP-Link or an Atheros wireless device.  Please install the drivers for that also.  Should it turn out that this is a wireless USB networking device - it'll be better to uninstall it's software and physically remove the device from the system if it's not needed.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users