Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chrome attacked by pc.virus.alerts.com scareware

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bitesized1612

bitesized1612

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 07 September 2015 - 11:15 PM

http://picpaste.com/JDoCAhdK.png <--screenshot

This has popped up in my browser along with dialog boxes (I clicked out of those before I realized what it was) and a female voice repeating over and over that my personal data was at risk and I needed to call the number blah blah blah. I ran avast! and Malwarebytes and they don't seem to pick up on anything but they are the free version and I've had trouble with my internet staying on long enough to update their databases frequently. I'm not sure what I what I clicked on that triggered this (I think it was a page off of the support website for Pidgin, but I'm not going to click on it again) but thought I would at least show other people what was happening. Hopefully there's a way to capture and get rid of anything actually trying to attack me? :unsure:

Edited by bitesized1612, 07 September 2015 - 11:17 PM.

Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64-bit) // HP EliteBook 8460p = 2.50GHz + 8GB RAM 

AVAST! - Google Chrome & Mozilla Firefox - LibreOffice - Rainmeter

Currently Testing: Linux Mint 17.3 XFCE on a Dell Inspiron 531 (2.1Ghz +3GB RAM)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Atomic77

Atomic77

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2015 - 11:28 PM

This sounds like it might be a scam ad or one of those things that makes you think your infected and your not really they are trying to get you to use there product. Is your computer working normally other wise?

ATOMIC77

​GEEKED AT BIRTH

#3 bitesized1612

bitesized1612
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2015 - 11:38 PM

This sounds like it might be a scam ad or one of those things that makes you think your infected and your not really they are trying to get you to use there product. Is your computer working normally other wise?

Yeah, everything seems fine so far. I'm going to dump all my temp files and my recent history just to make sure. 

Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64-bit) // HP EliteBook 8460p = 2.50GHz + 8GB RAM 

AVAST! - Google Chrome & Mozilla Firefox - LibreOffice - Rainmeter

Currently Testing: Linux Mint 17.3 XFCE on a Dell Inspiron 531 (2.1Ghz +3GB RAM)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users