Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Compatible Firewall Question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 megamyx

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 16 July 2006 - 10:35 AM

i noticed that having a firewall is very important & is a necessity now a days. i'm average in computer knowledge; so i'd like to know what is the best or most compatible firewall with bit torrent client applications such as azureus? i use azureus & sometimes uTorrent.

best or most compatible - meaning which will not slow down the performance of my machine in terms of cpu & memory usage; that'll not conflict with azureus or uTorrent. and especially firewall that'll not be noisy & annoying or just doesn't keep on prompting for warning & asking permission or anything in that manner while azureus is downloading.

by the way, please kindly move this topic if it shouldn't be posted here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 16 July 2006 - 11:42 AM

You are quite right about having a firewall and using it. I might suggest Sygate Personal Firewall, since it allows you to manage permissions by application, and is light on resources. Almost all firewalls will at the very least, prompt on the first use, but you can usually tell them to "always allow" the application access.
You can find a link to the free download in this BC pinned topic:

Edited by jgweed, 16 July 2006 - 11:43 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 megamyx

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 16 July 2006 - 12:20 PM

thanks very much. appreciate it. is it okay to pm you when i encounter some prob or techy things with spygate personal firewall?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users