Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BamaBoy71

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BamaBoy71

BamaBoy71

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 07 September 2015 - 07:53 PM

Just introducing myself as I was instructed.

My nama BamaBoy71 comes from the fact I live in Bama (Ala...) and was 71 when I first used Bleeping Computer (now 72 but don't want to make a change). Where we live we call it LA (Lower Alabama)). We are on that small portion of Alabama sitting on the Gulf of Mexico. Where we live Pensacola is simply over a bridge across Perdido Bay. A Tech Rep I was working with on a problem recommended this site as a location he got most of his information and "training". I need to start working with it to help inform myself on a number of topics.

I'm open to communicating with fellow members, so don't be shy about communication with me.

Dale

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 07 September 2015 - 08:41 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

I knew EXACTLY what you meant when you said LA and would have known even if you had not said Lower Alabama. I have family that lives in LA. 

I can think of several towns along that stretch of LA, several of them I have visited.

I'm in West Alabama. My town has a major university, colors crimson and white.

Born, raised, still live here after taking a detour to go to the university "across the state". I bleed orange and blue.

#3 Teekon One-shot

Teekon One-shot

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2015 - 10:59 PM

I live in the northern part of Alabama. So I'm not alone here. oh yeah hi to everyone else

#4 BamaBoy71

BamaBoy71
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:46 AM

This is a very different part of the U.S. for me. My wife's Mother was from Robertsdale and they would come down from Chicago vertually every year to visit. I was born in Minneapolis, have lived in San Carlos, CA, Pittsburgh, PA, Chicago, IL (married there), Lexington, MA, San Jose, CA, Minneapolis, MN, back to Silicon Valley, finally to here. Please note that none of those locations were further South than, maybe, San Jose, CA; AND none had HUMIDITY!!!!! However it is inexpensive here, and my wife has both of her Sisters within luncheon distance - we used to have $100+ phone bills every month when one lived down here, and the other in either Chicago or Dallas, TX.

Fortunately I LOVE shrimp, scallops and cold-water lobster (imported, of course; the local lobster shells require a sturdy mallet) - and there is Joe Patti's for that great, fresh seafood.

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 08 September 2015 - 07:55 AM

I love shrimp and scallops and seafood.

Unfortunately, I have an allergy to both shellfish and seafood.

My fish has to be freshwater, not saltwater.

I would be miserable living in that area, knowing I cannot take advantage of all the wonderful shellfish/seafood available there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users