Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with playing videos and sounds (sometimes)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 douglas93m

douglas93m

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 07 September 2015 - 06:20 PM

New lap top runs windows 8

sometimes when i watch a video on youtube for example, the problem isnt limited to jsut youtube vids, the video will not play the first frame will show and then i wont play, if i skip ahead it will load the frame i skipped to and wont play. Sometimes it will play but there will be no sound accompanying the video. When this happens the audio mixer shows no sounds so its not a hard ware isuue. however sometimes the videos will run completely fine without a problem. when i encounter the problem i usually close and re-open the browser a few times but give up sometimes as it can take many attempts. Note i have tried this on many browsers and the problem continues

any advice would be a gret help and feel free to ask questions if i didnt give enough info on the problem, thankyou.

Recently purchased a new laptop, runs on windows 8.
Sometimes when i watch a youtube video for example, this problem is not limited to just youtube videos, the video will load the first frame but not play i can skip ahead but it will just load that one frame and not play. Other times the video play but no sound along with it. Note that when the video plays but the sound doesnt the audio mixer at the bottom right doesnt show that sound is playing so its not a hardware issue. Sometimes how ever the video will load completely fine and the sound will play. opening and closing the browser usually works but can take up to 10 times before the video plays with sounds or sometimes i just give up. Note I have tried to play videos on multiple browsers and the problem persists.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, feel free to ask question if i havent provided enough information on the problem thank you.
Recently purchased a new laptop, runs on windows 8.
Sometimes when i watch a youtube video for example, this problem is not limited to just youtube videos, the video will load the first frame but not play i can skip ahead but it will just load that one frame and not play. Other times the video play but no sound along with it. Note that when the video plays but the sound doesnt the audio mixer at the bottom right doesnt show that sound is playing so its not a hardware issue. Sometimes how ever the video will load completely fine and the sound will play. opening and closing the browser usually works but can take up to 10 times before the video plays with sounds or sometimes i just give up. Note I have tried to play videos on multiple browsers and the problem persists.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, feel free to ask question if i havent provided enough information on the problem thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users