Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Notebook Drive Upgrade Kit?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ocean77

ocean77

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:40 PM

picked up this USB/SATA wire with the intent to hook it up to a Hard Drive I removed from a lap top and transfer the files to a new Hard Drive I installed in the lap top. I'm sure you know where this is heading, I had no clue what I was doing. I bought the new Hard Drive at Best Buy along with the Upgrade wire brought them home and quickly removed the hard drive and replaced it with the new one. I then quickly opened the Upgrade Kit (bad idea). Anyway this is the problem, I returned the new hard drive and I was thinking they informed that the new hard drive had no operating system so it would not work unless I bought the software. Also, I was going to return the Upgrade kit, but they would not take it back because they said I may have already installed the software that came with the kit. I now have this Upgrade kit that I spent $40.00 for and not  quite sure what to do with it.

This leads to my question, is there any way I can hook this wire up to the old hard drive that will not Boot and send it to my computer?

Then again there may be something in the hard drive that may compromise my hard drive. Do I have any use for this Upgrade kit.

Sorry for the long drawn out post and many questions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users