Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To and How Not To Contribute in the Windows 10 Forum

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:15 PM

It has come to the attention of the Admin team that with the new operating system released from Redmond, emotions run very high on both sides of the equation. I personally have had to insert myself into some very heated debates on the merits and evil attributed to Windows 10.

This topic is NOT to take one side or the other. It is intended to again remind those who are extremely passionate how to participate in the forum.

Since it's become apparent that people can't remember the forum rules about behavior. How to treat each other with respect, it has become necessary to again remind everyone.

Support topics will NOT become hijacked and turned into debate topics, PERIOD!!!! Any posts deemed by the moderating staff to do so will be removed. This is not negotiable.

Snide comments, outright flame baiting, and disrespect of anothers opinion will not be tolerated. What it comes down to, is this. If you can't play nice with others you will find yourself locked out of the playground.

Find a way to agree to disagree without becoming antagonistic.

In my 10 years on this forum I have never received so many complaints about abusive, disrespectful behavior between members in one forum. This is affecting the entire forum, and necessitated Admin intervention and drastic measures being implemented.

So there you have it. I'm not putting up with bullies and fanboys on either side of the equation anymore. Find a way to post your opinion with respect or just step away. Because you won't like it if I become more involved. You may just find yourself on the outside looking in.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,701 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 07 September 2015 - 06:18 PM

An additional note to supplement everything Animal has stated above: We have created a new subforum: Windows 10 Discussion

Over the next couple of days. . . topics which are related to discussion about Windows 10 and not actual help request topics will be moved there. Any further subject matter which does not relate to helping solve user problems will end up there as well.

For those of you which have opinions about Windows 10, whether positive or negative, your opinions belong in that forum. Not in the topics of people seeking answers to questions. We have tried to allow discussion to be free flowing in this forum, and while most of you have behaved respectfully, there have been a few of you who have failed to control yourselves and behave appropriately. Consider this your warning: do not derail a topic where a user has asked for help. If you can't contribute to solving the problem, don't post.

Please don't make the admins get involved in this again. You won't like the result.

~Blade

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users