Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

black screen all in one emachines

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 catcall

catcall

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 07 September 2015 - 11:23 AM

hello bleepers not sure if it is the right place , i have an 2009 emachines ez1601 . one day screen went black i turn i on and off multiple times ,the machine gets as far as login or most times directly on start up then darkness , it seems to work except for black screen ,i can't use keyboard or mouse cause can't see a thing ,i know very little and have found no help on the web well this is my first time of asking .the computer has no value its a last ditch attempt to fix or destroy the machine for good , bin or not bin that is the question , any help would be greatly welcome .

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,266 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 07 September 2015 - 12:32 PM

I suggest that download the User Guide and then read the Troubleshooting section of the Guide.

The guidance may not be definitive but it seems to be all that there is.

Louis

#3 catcall

catcall
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 07 September 2015 - 12:40 PM

thanks for your reply louis, i can't see anything on emachine ,do u mean d/l user guide for ez1606 

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 07 September 2015 - 01:22 PM

Does the screen still go black when you tap F8 during boot and enter Safe Mode?

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,266 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 07 September 2015 - 01:48 PM

Click on the User Guide, it downloads to your system automatically and you have to open it.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users