Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Net Errors

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 moomoo

moomoo

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 16 July 2006 - 07:35 AM

k i have a wireless internet d link airplus extreme g and im running windwos xp home SP2..i have areal bad phone in my room and evry time i use it it turns off the netand sometimes prompts u to hit "repair button" which basically turns it off turns it back on and re connects it but itll reconnect and then i get a BSOD and a shutdown and wenvr i try last known good config duz teh same thing...it only will work again wen u turn the whole like system off and turn it back on

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 16 July 2006 - 07:51 AM

You need to rewire the phone and/or call the phone company - it may be their lines that have the noise.

How does the connection work if you wire it directly to the router instead of using the wireless dongle or whatever?

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 16 July 2006 - 10:39 AM

If you ar using DSL, do you have a filter on theat telephone and is it setup properly? I agree with Enthusiast. You have the telco run free wiring. If the wiring is original it may be bad do to age, weather, or rodents.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#4 moomoo

moomoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 15 August 2006 - 08:12 PM

not weather or rodents i can tell u that for sure....but we had phones rewired cuz there was a dead plug in my box and it killed my phones 1 day...it doesent seem to be anything HEAP like i dont wanna go getting my mom and dad to pay the phone company to fix a little BSOD for fixing my router when i can jsut restart my computer...meh ill live

oh and the phone was just a welfare phone i hooked my downstairs 1 up hear and it works fine the shutting down is jsut my stupid old phone

Edited by moomoo, 15 August 2006 - 08:14 PM.

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 16 August 2006 - 11:36 AM

By the way, if it is a wireless phone it may be running on the same frequency as the wireless router.

Try moving the phone base away from the router - maybe even to another room.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users