Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 10

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nastybloodlust

nastybloodlust

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 06 September 2015 - 06:25 PM

i installed windows 10 awhile ago but now  my pc got bleeped up....screen went black and i could only see the crusor so i restore my pc to factory settings so now im back in windows 8....i feel like staying at windows 8 now   :)  but i heard windows 10 is only free for 1 year? do i have to pay next year? can i save windows 10 iso on a usb and use it after 1 year have passed without paying? will it work?

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 06 September 2015 - 06:30 PM.
Moved from 'All other applications' to Win 10.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 06 September 2015 - 06:39 PM

Hi nastybloodlust :)

Since you upgraded to Windows 10 once, you'll now be able to upgrade even after the first year of the release. Assuming you don't change the SSD, HDD or motherboard of your computer/laptop, you'll be able to upgrade to Windows 10 again, or clean install it for free.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 nastybloodlust

nastybloodlust
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 06 September 2015 - 06:45 PM

Hi nastybloodlust :)

Since you upgraded to Windows 10 once, you'll now be able to upgrade even after the first year of the release. Assuming you don't change the SSD, HDD or motherboard of your computer/laptop, you'll be able to upgrade to Windows 10 again, or clean install it for free.

okey, thanks alot

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 06 September 2015 - 06:46 PM

No problem, you're welcome :)

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users