Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Freeze-Up

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 IdahoBiker

IdahoBiker

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 06 September 2015 - 05:27 PM

Having an Intermittent Issue:

All of a sudden I get a Screen that is comprised of Black & Greenish-Yellow Vertical Lines about 2mm wide each for the width of my Screen.

From this point On, all I can do is Hard-Boot (since NOTHING works).

I Boot-up and everything is back to Normal, and I can't seem to locate a Log for this episode?

Any Explanations on what this Is, and what is causing it?

Apparently whatever I'm doing doesn't seem to matter as to when this occurs.

My System:

AMD PhenomII X4 955 125W C3 Revision 
(HDZ955FBGMBOX) 3.2ghz Black Ed. 64-bit Socket AM3
--------------------------------
GIGABYTE GA-790FXTA-UD5 F2 MotherBoard
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) 
Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM
WD Hybrid SSD 3TB SATA II
THERMALTAKE Armor+MX Case 23cm Side Fan Model  
THERMALTAKE TR2 RX 850W Black Widow, Silver 80 Certified 
COOLER MASTER Hyper N620  CPU Cooler
 XFX HD-577A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16
 x2 CROSSFIRE
CREATIVE SOUND Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
PLEXTOR PX-880SA DVD/CD Super Multi Writer, DVD 24X, CD-R 48X, SATA, Lightscribe 
LOGITECH MX5500 Wireless Keyboard & Mouse 
LOGITECH Z-5300e Audio System 
LOGITECH G930 Wireless Headset

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 07 September 2015 - 05:22 PM

Let's try looking at these reports:

1)  Please provide this information (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

The video distortion can be due to heat, so this test is crucial.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 IdahoBiker

IdahoBiker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2015 - 07:08 PM

1)  Please provide this information (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Here's the .zip File as requested. Did you want me to run that BSOD program too?? (even though I didn't have a Blue Screen?)

Attached Files

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2015 - 05:45 AM

Yes, please run the BSOD program as it has much more information than the Admin logfile.

Not much that I can see in the Admin log file - there's a lot of DistributedCOM errors - but I usually ignore them

Please attempt to fix your DCOM errors by doing this:

Go to Start, and then to Run (or the Win and R keys)
Type in "dcomcnfg" (without the quotes) and press Enter
In the Component Services window that opens, go to the left hand pane and double click on:
- Component Services, then on
- Computers, then on
- My Computer, then on
- DCOM Config, then on
If it asks you to register any of the components, click Yes
This may happen several times if there are several unregistered components

Once you're finished, close the window and reboot the computer.
Check to see if the problems are fixed.

NOTE:  This is a generic "fix" for DCOM errors.  If it does not fix your problems, please post back.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 IdahoBiker

IdahoBiker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2015 - 11:26 AM

Yes, please run the BSOD program as it has much more information than the Admin logfile.

Not much that I can see in the Admin log file - there's a lot of DistributedCOM errors - but I usually ignore them

Please attempt to fix your DCOM errors by doing this:

Go to Start, and then to Run (or the Win and R keys)
Type in "dcomcnfg" (without the quotes) and press Enter
In the Component Services window that opens, go to the left hand pane and double click on:
- Component Services, then on
- Computers, then on
- My Computer, then on
- DCOM Config, then on
If it asks you to register any of the components, click Yes
This may happen several times if there are several unregistered components

Once you're finished, close the window and reboot the computer.
Check to see if the problems are fixed.

NOTE:  This is a generic "fix" for DCOM errors.  If it does not fix your problems, please post back.

OK, after: - DCOM Config, then on... What to do Now?? There's a Rather Long List

#6 IdahoBiker

IdahoBiker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2015 - 11:31 AM

-----------------------------

OK, here's the other 2 Folders as Requested

Got stuck on the DCOM, not sure what to Look For, and then what exactly to do??

Attached Files

#7 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2015 - 04:24 PM

The double click stuff is to get you down to the appropriate folder and to get it to ask to re-register the COM objects.

Just double click on each one of them until you get to the DCOM Config folder. 

Another way to look at it is:  Open up Component Services...Computers...My Computer...DCOM Config, then double click on the DCOM Config folder

Your UEFI/BIOS (version F2) dates from 2009.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  If you are able to install the update through Windows (without booting from an external drive), then go ahead and update it.  WARNING - if the computer might shut down during this procedure, please don't do it, as this may physically damage the computer and prevent it from booting.

There are several ApphelpHardBlock errors in the WER section of MSINFO32.  This is indicative of incompatible software on the system.  Start checking all motherboard drivers for compatibility - along with all installed software applications for compatibility also.

AMD OverDrive (AODDriver2.sys) is either a stand-alone application, or a component of the AMD VISION Engine Control Center.  This driver is known to cause BSOD's on some Windows systems.

NOTE:  these symptoms were from the previous release of OverDrive.  The new release uses the same driver name, but is dated from 4 November 2013.

Please un-install all AMD/ATI video stuff from Control Panel...Programs...Un-install a program
Then, download (but DO NOT install) a fresh copy of the ATI drivers from http://www.amd.com (in the upper right corner of the page)
Use this procedure to install the DRIVER ONLYhttp://www.sysnative.com/forums/showthread.php/668-ATI-video-cards-DRIVER-ONLY-installation-procedure

If the device (AODDriver or AODDriver4.01) remains a problem, open Device Manager, select the "View" item.
Then select "Show hidden devices" and scroll down to the Non-Plug and Play Drivers section.
Locate the AODDriver entry, right click on it and select "Un-install".  Reboot for changes to take affect.

Sometimes the driver remains and continues to cause BSOD's.  If this is the case for you, post back and we'll give further instructions for safely removing it.

If overclocking, please stop. Remove the overclock and return the system to stock/standard values while we're troubleshooting. Once the system is stable again, feel free to resume the overclocking.

I have to wonder about incompatibilities of and in the system.  It may be to your advantage to wipe and reinstall W10 clean to avoid the incompatibilities.
I'm also concerned about the 2009 BIOS and it's ability to interact with W10 without compatibility issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users