Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recovering deleted photos from HTC Desire 601

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 skyebaby

skyebaby

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 06 September 2015 - 05:11 PM

I accidentally deleted photos from my HTC Desire 601. I read about an app that could get them back. It then couldnt because my phone wasnt "rooted". I obviously dont know what this means! Can anyone help? Thanks very much.

Edit: Moved topic from Cell Phones to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,782 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2015 - 07:28 PM

Take a look here: How to recover lost data on Android (rooted or not)

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Bailifei

Bailifei

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 08 September 2015 - 09:23 PM

The phone usually needs to be rooted before recovering data from it. You can get some root freeware.  BTW, which app you have read about that can recover the photos?

#4 skyebaby

skyebaby
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2015 - 12:00 AM

It was DiskDigger

#5 cfsdf

cfsdf

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:51 AM

Generally speaking, the deleted photos were still saved on your phone, you can use an app to detect them on computer, try an Android Data Recovery, it could detect your lost photos and get them back. And you don't need to root your phone to recover lost photos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users