Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I can't connect my Cannon Pixma MG6650 to Router.

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 JD2015

JD2015

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 06 September 2015 - 04:49 PM

I can't connect my Cannon Pixma MG6650 to Router.

I am trying to get my Cannon Pixma to print using my Wireless Network.
But the printer wont install and says its not found on the Network List. My Router is a Netgear N300.

I am running Win Ten Pro 64 and i have the correct driver from Cannon.

It says it has found the connection on the printer but the printer does not show up in Windows Devices and Printers.

I cant print or scan from the Printer to the PC.

Help Please!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,959 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2015 - 06:47 PM

When you set up the printer and its drivers on your computer did you select 'Connect by wireless'  ?  The other aspect of connecting printers is that they are remarkably fussy about the sequence in which the various operations are done. It's one of the few areas where i always consult the 'Quick set-up' guide first !

I suggest that the simplest thing to do is to uninstall all the printer drivers and software from your computer and do a re-install paying particular attention to the install sequence and the option choices you get as you go along.

I have a Pixma iP7250 which was simplicity itself to set up connected both by USB (my desktop) and wi-fi (several laptops and one tablet) but an all-in-one similar to yours was a bit harder to set-up because it had to be logged into the wireless network directly from its own little screen.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 JD2015

JD2015
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:29 PM

Cannon said do this:

First please press the HOME button:

1. Select ‘Setup’ and press OK

2. Select ‘Device Settings’ and press OK

3. Select ‘LAN Settings’ and press OK

4. Select ‘WLAN Setup’ and press OK

5. Select other connection methods and select ‘Standard’

6. Select your access point

7. Enter your password and connect

The password is located on the back of your router.

Once you have connected your printer to the wireless network, please download and install the drivers on every computer you would like to use with your printer, select the wireless connection method in order to print wirelessly.

The link for the drivers were sent to you in a previous email.

-----------------------------

I go through all the Cannon Setup Programe and it detects the Access Point but when it get to the end of the Setup with the Printers on Network list it is not on it.

I have tried what it says to do if the Setup can't find it clicking Next, Update, Setting printer could not be found on the list. It still will not work.

edit.gif

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,959 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2015 - 05:08 PM

'Connect by wireless' == 'Select WLAN setup'

Did this printer come with an install CD or did you have to download the drivers from the Canon web-site ?  If you downloaded them do you still have them saved on your computer ?  If you do, fine, if not go and download them and save them in a folder somewhere.

Then fully uninstall all the Canon software. Check the set-up sequence in the quick start guide and then go through the full set-up procedure again, following the guide carefully. Remember the password on the back of your router may not in fact be the password for the router if you have changed it !  Some ISPs ship routers with strong passwords, some don't. My ISP is Sky and I didn't feel that a router access password 'sky' was sufficiently strong !

The instructions above are fine but won't help you if the original installation is faulty in some way. This is why I suggest completely uninstalling and re-installing.

Chris Cosgrove

#5 JD2015

JD2015
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2015 - 05:12 PM

I have done this already and checked my Routers password by going into routerlogin.net. It still does not work though lol.

#6 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,959 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2015 - 06:09 PM

I've just downloaded the quick start and the full manual just to see the steps involved and you seem to have covered them correctly - so one final suggestion. Try connecting your printer to the computer by USB and see if you can get them to talk to each other that way, then try the wireless link again.

If that doesn't work, post back and I will see if I can find anyone else to think about this.

Chris Cosgrove

#7 JD2015

JD2015
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2015 - 06:17 PM

I've just downloaded the quick start and the full manual just to see the steps involved and you seem to have covered them correctly - so one final suggestion. Try connecting your printer to the computer by USB and see if you can get them to talk to each other that way, then try the wireless link again.

If that doesn't work, post back and I will see if I can find anyone else to think about this.

Chris Cosgrove

I have already tried that and NOPE lol.

#8 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,959 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:48 PM

I have run out of ideas so I have asked for one of the Advisors to have a look at this problem. If nobody has got back to you within say 48 hours send me a PM.

Chris Cosgrove

#9 JD2015

JD2015
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:24 PM

Thanks i am at a loss also lol.

The Printer is there in Devices Printers labled Cannon MG66O Series Printer (Copy 1) and and the setup says it has found the Access Point and the Wifi Indecator is solid. If i try and print though it says The Printer is Offline.

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,638 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 AM

Posted 12 September 2015 - 01:19 PM

I am not that familiar with Windows 10 but make sure offline is not checked as shown here for Windows 8

http://www.sysprobs.com/how-to-set-printer-online-in-windows-8-offline

You may also want to read through this thread. See if providing a static IP works.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529976/canon-printer-showing-offline-and-wont-print-thru-wifi/

Edited by JohnC_21, 12 September 2015 - 01:21 PM.

#11 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,959 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2015 - 04:46 PM

Another colleague - Queen-Evie - came up with this -

Ask him what MODEM he is using.

Reason I mention this is because I noticed the words ACCESS POINT in one of his posts.

I ran into the same issue in Feb. after I got a Comcast gateway (modem/router combo).

Had a change in service and a tech had to install what I needed. He set my router up as an access point.

First thing I did was change the Comcast default network name and password to the same one as my router network/password.

A few days later I discovered my Canon printer did not work.

Uninstalled all drivers and software for Canon.

Reinstalling came to a screeching halt when I got to something about access points, which I could not figure out.

After 3 days I gave up, put the gateway in bridge mode, went back to the router of WiFi.

Canon drivers got installed with no problem after I did that.

Most likely his issue won't be related to his modem but it's the only thing I can think of right now.

However, unless I miss my guess, you live in the UK and almost everybody in the UK uses a combination router/modem, ie both parts are in the one box so a mismatch is unlikely. But the thought is offered.

Chris Cosgrove

#12 JD2015

JD2015
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2015 - 08:07 AM

I am in the U.K. My Router is a Netgear N300 DGN 2200.

#13 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:16 PM

I go through all the Cannon Setup Programe and it detects the Access Point but when it get to the end of the Setup with the Printers on Network list it is not on it.

First thing I did was change the Comcast default network name and password to the same one as my router network/password.

Did you ever resolved this problem?

Tekken

#14 JD2015

JD2015
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2015 - 09:08 AM

Did you ever resolved this problem?

Cannon say i have to take it to one of there dealers to get the wifi tested or else take it up with the shop i bought it from.

#15 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 19 September 2015 - 02:36 AM

I'm not familiar with the Canon wifi setup as compared with HP printers but since you've mentioned of "but when it get to the end of the Setup with the Printers on Network list it is not on it." but earlier setup detected the access point came to my attention that most likely the communication between the printer and router is lost. Related to this setup error, is it to my understanding that there is not a computer in between when trying to install or establish a wireless network from printer to router? The only suggestion I could make with regard to your setup which is worth trying is, create another guest or access point of different SSID,WPA2 and password then try the setup again. The new SSID can exist with your current router configuration and also your devices can switch to the new connection if ever you have successfully established the printer on home router.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users