Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Set up windows 10, can't access computer at all

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dreamcatcherco

dreamcatcherco

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 06 September 2015 - 04:16 PM

Windows 10/microsoft windows live account was set up with incorrect email address.  Also don't know what password was used.  Can't access computer at all.  When I turn computer on and see screen that has my name, (incorrect) email address and a place to enter password, I can't get past it.  If I enter the password I was guessing is the right one, It says I can go to account.live.com to fix the problem.  So on a different computer, I went to microsoft sign in and entered my actual email address and created a windows live account/password.  (I needed to use my real account because to change a password, windows live will send me a code.  Can't use incorrect email address or I wont get the code!) That account is operational. Now how can I get into my computer with the wrong info. since I can't get past the sign in screen?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 leithanne

leithanne

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 06 September 2015 - 05:17 PM

Does it say, at the bottom left, "Not Dreamcatcher?"? (Or whatever name is displayed) I clicked on my "Not Leithanne?" and was dumped into the other Admin account. Seems to be a glitch.

#3 dreamcatcherco

dreamcatcherco
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 07 September 2015 - 10:55 AM

Thank you so much for your willingness to help problem-solve my software road block!!! All I saw on the screen was a picture for connecting to net, picture for shutdown options and picture for accessibility. In the meantime, I consulted with an (offline) software geek I know who downloaded the trial version of a program that allows you to change passwords  The trial version didn't allow us to actually change a password (?--how can you do a trial of a password change program without being able to change password !?) but we could at least use the trial to create a new password account and get beyond the Windows 10 (windows live) password screen and get acess to Windows 10 again using the new account.  Then the rest of the mess could be cleaned up from Windows 10 menus.  I took out the incorrect user name which was an incorrectly entered email address.  Whew! What a long way around.  But the problem is fixed.  Thanks for responding so quickly!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users