Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connect web cam without disk

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ocean77

ocean77

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 06 September 2015 - 03:38 PM

I'm trying to connect a web cam without a disk and I could use a lot of help...PLEASE.  OS is Windows Vista and the Cam is Xtatix Peeper XCA-PP2A. I just installed SKYPE for my wife so she can use it on FB, but Cam will not work. Is it possible to use without disk software?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnWJ

JohnWJ

• Members
  • 195 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 06 September 2015 - 03:52 PM

Try this link

http://www.xtatix.com/xtatix_advantage/downloads/

John

An Australian Living in the USA

#3 ocean77

ocean77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2015 - 06:41 PM

I'm ready to pull my hair out. I know NOTHING about webcams. Just went to Walmart and got another webcam Logitech 270 and I have no idea what I am doing. I plugged in the cam and it installed the Drivers. I then installed Skype and created an account. I have no idea where to go from here. I don't if there is a switch to turn this cam on because nothing is happening. Skype is not showing me any where to choose webcam vidieo...I cannot see anything. Could someone lend me a hand please.

#4 ocean77

ocean77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2015 - 06:58 PM

I'm ready to pull my hair out. I know NOTHING about webcams. Just went to Walmart and got another webcam Logitech 270 and I have no idea what I am doing. I plugged in the cam and it installed the Drivers. I then installed Skype and created an account. I have no idea where to go from here. I don't if there is a switch to turn this cam on because nothing is happening. Skype is not showing me any where to choose webcam vidieo...I cannot see anything. Could someone lend me a hand please.

Please disregard. I may have done something right for a change because everything seems to be working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users