Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HDMI Output problems with 10.10.5

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SilverDave

SilverDave

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 06 September 2015 - 12:42 PM

Hi everyone  !!   I  am  a  long time  Mac  user  from  Canada .  Nice to  be here!!

Thanks  in  advance for  any   help. 

Background :

My   5 year old  Mac    was recently  "upgraded "  to a  Fusion  drive (  about  4  months  ago ,  with an upgrade to   OS X 10.10.5  ...   Wow !!  What a  difference   !

Everything  ran  as  before  only  much, much faster ...      (  Except  Office  ,  which  needed  an upgrade ) 

Recently  I  noticed  a  number of   possible   Virus/ Malware  /  funny things  happening ...  so  I installed  Detect X  which  found  36  items  ,  which I  eliminated  .

One  was  a  sort of   " remote desktop   folder"    in the system   library ..   ... I know  ..  I  should  not have  done that  !!  But I  wanted all  Malware off the system .

In  any  case ,    NOW   my  HDMI output  sends  just the   desktop background  pic  to  my  55 inch  TV ,  but  none of the    YouTube clips ,  or  pics or  videos.

My   Apple Dealer said its definitely the  HDMI  cable ...   but    funny it  should happen immediately  after clearing out  Malware ,  and besides,  It  does send  the desktop background  pic thru the cable to the TV ..

Does  anyone know  of any easy  fixes  ?

Restarting  with  "option"  gave  just the  one  hard drive  pic...  so  thats   not likely to  work.

Annoyed  at  myself for deleting  a  possibly-not-infected part of  my  system

Heavy  Sigh  .

SilverDave 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ben_

Ben_

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:04 AM

Have you thought of doing a split screen between monitor and TV and dragging over the clip over to your TV screen?

#3 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 09 October 2015 - 12:32 AM

Hi everyone  !!   I  am  a  long time  Mac  user  from  Canada .  Nice to  be here!!

Thanks  in  advance for  any   help. 

Background :
  My   5 year old  Mac    was recently  "upgraded "  to a  Fusion  drive (  about  4  months  ago ,  with an upgrade to   OS X 10.10.5  ...   Wow !!  What a  difference   !

Everything  ran  as  before  only  much, much faster ...      (  Except  Office  ,  which  needed  an upgrade ) 

Recently  I  noticed  a  number of   possible   Virus/ Malware  /  funny things  happening ...  so  I installed  Detect X  which  found  36  items  ,  which I  eliminated  .

One  was  a  sort of   " remote desktop   folder"    in the system   library ..   ... I know  ..  I  should  not have  done that  !!  But I  wanted all  Malware off the system .

In  any  case ,    NOW   my  HDMI output  sends  just the   desktop background  pic  to  my  55 inch  TV ,  but  none of the    YouTube clips ,  or  pics or  videos.

My   Apple Dealer said its definitely the  HDMI  cable ...   but    funny it  should happen immediately  after clearing out  Malware ,  and besides,  It  does send  the desktop background  pic thru the cable to the TV ..

Does  anyone know  of any easy  fixes  ?

Restarting  with  "option"  gave  just the  one  hard drive  pic...  so  thats   not likely to  work.

Annoyed  at  myself for deleting  a  possibly-not-infected part of  my  system

Heavy  Sigh  .

SilverDave

Kind of sounds like you might be in "extended desktop mode" rather than "mirrored" mode in the Displays settings. Open System Preferences. Click on the "Displays" icon. Click on the tab labeled "Arrangement". Is the "Mirror Displays" check box toward the bottom of the window checked? If not, then you are "extending the desktop" (i.e. having the Mac screen and TV screen act as one big computer display) rather than "mirroring" the desktop/display (having the same thing appear on both screens).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users