Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Booted into Asus Preload Wizard instead System Recovery Option

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kslim888

kslim888

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 06 September 2015 - 10:05 AM

On title, I have this issue quite awhile already and i decided to give it a try. :) 
My computer is Asus manufactured.

Firstly, after reboot my laptop i press F8 to go into Advanced Boot Option, then press "repair your computer" in order to boot into System Recovery Option

But then everything start to getting strange as it boot into Asus Preload Wizard ( which is factory reset ) instead go into System Recovery Option. :(  Below are the photo of Asus Preload Wizard

I had tried create system repair disc but still can't boot into System Recovery Option, and its show a message "Non-system disk or disk error"

I also tried disable/enable UEFI in BIOS but still the same...  :(

Thanks and i appreciate anyone for your help  :lol:

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kslim888

kslim888
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 06 September 2015 - 11:00 PM

Bump

So I launch safe mode. And I use Chkdsk to try fix up the problem but still cannot. It stated that 
" The Master file table's (MFT) BITMAP attribute is incorrect. "
" The Volume BITMAP is incorrect "

After that I use chkdsk /f to give it a try. But nothing was solve instead give me a error message
"Autochk cannot run due to an error caused by a recently installed software package.An unspecified error occurred (766f6c756d652e63 3f1) "

I didn't install any software recently. And now I completely stuck.banghead.gif
I suspect that was some error/corrupt in MBR

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users