Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Maleware Protection Live

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Boondockers

Boondockers

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 06 September 2015 - 09:57 AM

A popup appears on my Windows 10 desktop with the title "Malware Protection Live". It is red with white letters that read the following:

---------------------------------------------------

Protect your computer from Malware.

Every month, millions of PCs are affected by malware and other potentially unwanted programs. Our software automatically detects and removes this malware befor it's ever even installed. With Malware Protection Live, you can enjoy the internet without the hassle and worry of unwanted software compromising your system.

By using this software, you agree to the Malware Protection Live EULA and privacy policy.

-----------------------------------------------------

I did not click on the popup and could not close it. Tried Alt-F4.

Immediately ran Malewarebytes and removed 4 items after the scan.

The popup was still there.

Restarted the computer and it was gone.

Will it return, I don't know.

Research revealed nothing about "Maleware Protection Live"

Can't identify who the author is.

Suspect rougue virus.

I would attach an image of the popup but do not know how. Tried clicking on Image button but it asked for a URL but don't have one.

I run Superantispyware, Malewarebytes and CCleaner routinely daily.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Boondockers

Boondockers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 06 September 2015 - 12:00 PM

When I searched the Internet for info about Malware Protection Live I misspelled Malware and therefore found no information. I appologize for that.

After running Malewarebytes and Superantispyware (full scan), then opening Task Manager I stopped Malware Protection Client in Startup and Services.

Proble hasn't returned so maybe that is the solution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users