Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to block some emails in Gmail

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 constanswhite

constanswhite

• Banned Spammer
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 06 September 2015 - 02:57 AM

I have registered in some blog or forum sites. I was oblivious of the item of "receive news from the site". Now I've got like hundreds of emails from those sites, which really annoyed me. Is there a quick settings in Gmail, which enables me block those emails with just a few clicks? Or do I have to go to those sites, sign in and find the button to cancel subscription? Thank you for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 06 September 2015 - 03:44 AM

Hi,

Isn't there a link for removing you from the subscription on the signature area (footer/bottom) of the body of message?

It will be usually listed as a link with name 'unsubscribe' or 'stop receiving the updates' etc.

Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 06 September 2015 - 09:45 AM

You can do as suggested by Nikhil_CV and simply click the unsubscribe link.

If the sites are legitimate they will (or should) unsubscribe your email.

At this point I will say that if you get spam mail and there is an unsubscribe link, do NOT use it. These types of mail often use that tactic to confirm that your email address is still valid. The result is even more spam.

Now I will answer your question "Is there a quick settings in Gmail, which enables me block those emails with just a few clicks?"

Yes, there is.

Sign in to Gmail.

While looking at your Inbox, place a checkmark in the box to the left the mail you want to filter.

Click the drop-down arrow next to MORE.

Choose Filter messages like these.

By default, the sender address is already filled in the From field. Use this for mails from the same address.

You will not need to fill out the Subject field UNLESS subject is always the same but the sender varies.

Click Create filter with this search.

The next screen will allow you to choose what to do with the mail.

I saw no option to send the mail to a specific folder such as Trash or Junk. The only option which makes sense is DELETE, which means it will be deleted from the server and you will never see it.

After you choose what to do with it, click CREATE FILTER.

If you have more than one mail by that sender in you inbox, check the box next to "Also apply filter to (a number will be here) matching conversation" BEFORE creating the filter. Doing this first will automatically apply the rule to the existing mails still in the Inbox.

#4 constanswhite

constanswhite
  • Topic Starter

• Banned Spammer
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:49 AM

Thank you, guys. Really helped.  :thumbsup:

#5 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 07 September 2015 - 06:08 AM

You're welcome...

glad to know.. :)

Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users