Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Daddy Issues....Fathers Day

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 05 September 2015 - 07:02 PM

http://thenewdaily.com.au/life/2015/09/05/problem-fathers-day/?utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20151006%20Sunday%20Best%20%281%29&utm_content=&spMailingID=23438809&spUserID=MTAyODk0MjgxNTA2S0&spJobID=640522997&spReportId=NjQwNTIyOTk3S0

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,620 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 05 September 2015 - 07:11 PM

Ouch..poor dude!

And, over the past week, it seems that everywhere I’ve looked there’ve been ads for “electric drills for Father’s Day” (sic). For the record, I’ve never used one, I wouldn’t know how to and I have no wish to learn. Nor would I respond favourably to a power saw.

I wonder if he has ever given "the mother" a vacumm as a gift...I got one for by birthday..once..what a thrill!

Too bad he does not know about BC..he could start a poll! :tophat:

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 05 September 2015 - 07:56 PM

I am not a flowers, hearts and candy, jewelry gal. I don't really care about going out to a restaurant for a special Mothers Day meal.

I often wish those Mothers Day gift ads included the power tools. That is what makes me happy.

The best gift my husband has ever given me was the year he gave me the circular saw I wanted. That was a Christmas gift.

No matter what the occasion I tell him get me something I can use. I don't even mind if it has a cord.

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,108 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2015 - 08:18 PM

Different strokes for different folks !!......

Even though i have spent most of my working life doing maintenance work and mechanical work etc etc 'adinfinitum'........the best pressy I have ever received....(fathers day)...was a Slow Cooker !

I love cooking for a crowd......and this slow cooker holds in excess of 6.5 liters........chop everything up, put the meat on top.....start on high....switch to low....and allow it to cook all night. The meal the following day is to die for !    it would have Stolen salivating !!

((....then again, the cordless drill is starting to show its age....(((hint hint, kids !)))......))

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#5 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 05 September 2015 - 10:57 PM

I get beer, no complaints. I buy all my own power tools (or as I refer to them "tax write offs"), the wife made that mistake once when we were dating, they're expensive and I already own one for every occasion (at this point I can probably color cordinate with as many as I own).

I gave her a Do Not Buy list last year, it covers all occasions, and any time she thinks "I'll go ahead and get him _____ since he's been talking about it". I also recived a No-Go list.

Posted Image

#6 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,620 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 05 September 2015 - 11:20 PM

QE & CB .. You two make any holiday great: Condo get stuff in the crock pot, and Queen E will power stir it all up!!

Now..who purchased for New Years, a super -duper cooler for the pop and lemonade!!!
Let the holidays begin! <USA 9/07/2015 Labor Day>

#7 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,108 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2015 - 12:21 AM

Google gets in on the act....

https://www.google.com.au/webhp?hl=en&gws_rd=ssl

GcnI1aH.jpg

#8 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,049 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 06 September 2015 - 02:33 AM

I got my daddy a stuffed animal for one Daddy's day.  He loved it!  He enjoyed cooking, baking, reading, architecture, gardening, and lots of other stuff.  He liked flowers too.

~ OB :cherry:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users