Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Burning Photos Onto Cd

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 deuce23

deuce23

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 16 July 2006 - 12:38 AM

Is there something that I should know when burning photos onto a CD? I've been using Nero to burn data CDs but when I tried to burn photos, the CD successfully burns but when I try to open it there's no pictures! I can open the CD but there's nothing to click on to open! Any advice on getting the pictures or the right way to burn photos onto a CD?
Daily Digest FreebieGossip --- AngryMidgetYo --- Sinfest --- Explosm

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gothmog

Gothmog

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 16 July 2006 - 02:02 AM

deuce, what version of Nero are you using and are you using Nero Express or the regular Nero Burning ROM part? Not that it really matter, they all should work, but it might help figure out what is wrong.

I have done this exact operation this week, so it definately should work. This is an interesting problem. My first guess would be that you have the image recorder selected as your burner. I think this happened to me once. If that is the case then you can change it under the Recorer>Choose Recorder menu or hit Control R (Nero 7).

Does the cd-r report as empty still? If not that would rule out my above guess and leave me stumped. Make sure that hidden files and folders are shown under the View tab in Folder options if the cd has something on it but is invisible. Thats all I can think of.

#3 deuce23

deuce23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2006 - 06:08 PM

I have Nero StartSmart and the CD has all the files on there but it's invisible and I don't know how to make them appear.

Edited by jgweed, 16 July 2006 - 08:14 PM.

#4 JPHarvey

JPHarvey

• Members
  • 508 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 16 July 2006 - 08:10 PM

How do you mean 'the files are there but it's invisible'?
[CPU]Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo @ 3.19GHz
[MoBo]ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium (nForce590)
[RAM]4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 CL4 @ 710MHz
[GPU]XFX 8800 GTX 768MB [SLI] @ Stock
[PSU]CoolerMaster 1kW
[Audio]ASUS Xonar D2
[Case]Antec Nine Hundred
[OS]Windows Vista Ultimate 64
[LCD]SAMSUNG 226BW
[Other]WC'd CPU & SLI

#5 Gothmog

Gothmog

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 17 July 2006 - 01:26 AM

do you mean that the disk reports data stored on it in properties, but they are not visible in explorer?

Have you tried to redo the project on a new disk in case you are dealing with a bad CD-R. Depending on your CD-R brand you can get a junk disk every once in a while.

#6 deuce23

deuce23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2006 - 02:25 AM

do you mean that the disk reports data stored on it in properties, but they are not visible in explorer?

Have you tried to redo the project on a new disk in case you are dealing with a bad CD-R. Depending on your CD-R brand you can get a junk disk every once in a while.

Yeah, that's what I mean.

It's not a bad CD-R because the movies and programs that I burnt work, just not the photos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users