Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Emails From Netflix After Switching Webhosts

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jim.sputnik

jim.sputnik

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 05 September 2015 - 12:32 PM

I have a website and associated email address myfirsname@myfirstandlastname.ca.  Both products were hosted with GoDaddy.  I switched the website and email address over to Gandi a couple of days ago after getting fed up with GoDaddy always trying to get me to purchase unnecessary add-ons, etc.  I backed up my email, deleted my email address, and then re-created it in Gandi.  I have my email running in Thunderbird.  It works for the most part, but when I request a chat transcript from Netflix, it never arrives, and this was never an issue with GoDaddy.  I even get a banner in my Netflix account after making the request for a chat transcript that my email address appears to be invalid, so you know those emails are bouncing.  Gandi is useless as far as support goes, claiming there isn't a problem.  They have no phone support, just email support, and when they reply to emails I send, the technical language they use is made worse by the fact that English isn't their first language, making it even more difficult to understand.  They claim this is because of DNS propagation, but it shouldn't take a week.  Another company I can no longer receive emails from sent me an email to my ISP email (which arrived) and CCed me to the myfirsname@myfirstandlastname.ca address (which, of course, didn't arrive).  I'll use this as proof to Gandi that the emails are not arriving and that there IS a problem.  In the meantime, do you guys have any suggestions or ideas for me?  Thank you.

Jim

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users