Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop freezes after long hours of no use, game lag?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Parity

Parity

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 05 September 2015 - 09:12 AM

I've been having this issue of game lag on League of Legends for about 2-3 months now, my graphics driver is updated all the way and all drivers updated.. confused why my computer is having freezing problems and fps (frames per second) issues. It will jump from 60 FPS to about 20 for a split second then go back to 60. Sometimes it lags for a good couple seconds, but that's it. It's not their servers it's on my end and I have no idea what the issue is.

Posted a speccy file as attachment.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,076 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2015 - 05:16 PM

Let's try looking at these reports:

1)  Please provide this information (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Parity

Parity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2015 - 10:44 AM

Here is all the info requested in attachments

Added another file the perfmon /health report

Attached Files

Edited by Parity, 07 September 2015 - 12:00 PM.

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,076 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2015 - 05:50 PM

There is only 1 entry in the Admin logfile - this is highly unusual.  If you are using a disk cleaning utility (such as CCleaner), please stop while we're troubleshooting.

Did this problem happen before you installed W10?

How did you install W10 (upgrade, clean, other)?

Have you re-registered your Windows Store apps?  If not, follow the instructions here:  http://www.thewindowsclub.com/re-register-windows-store-apps

Your UEFI/BIOS (version R2150V3) dates from 2011.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  If you are able to install the update through Windows (without booting from an external drive), then go ahead and update it.  WARNING - if the computer might shut down during this procedure, please don't do it, as this may physically damage the computer and prevent it from booting.

These devices don't have drivers installed.  Please install the latest, W10 compatible drivers for them:

Not Available    ACPI\SNY5001\4&285B577F&0    The drivers for this device are not installed.
Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N + WiMAX 6150    USB\VID_8087&PID_07D6\6&AE927C&0&5    The drivers for this device are not installed.

The first device is most likely the Sony Firmware Extension Parser Device Driver

The second device is the WiFi drivers for the system

Beyond that, wait for another freeze, then generate another Admin log file report (DO NOT USE CCLEANER!)

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 Parity

Parity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2015 - 05:59 PM

Another freeze event log. Added to attachments.

Attached Files

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,076 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2015 - 05:02 AM

Try re-registering your Windows Store apps - a common problem w/W10 updates:  http://www.thewindowsclub.com/re-register-windows-store-apps

#7 Parity

Parity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2015 - 09:41 PM

Did that, still freezes.

#8 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 10 September 2015 - 09:54 PM

Same topic as they should be merged.

Tekken

#9 usasma

usasma

• 25,076 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:32 AM

There's enough problems here that I'd suggest either:

- revert back to the old OS

- a clean install of the old OS

- a clean install of the old OS, then update to W10

- or a clean install of W10 (depends if this hardware has already been activated with the Microsoft servers using the previous OS)

We'll still continue to work on this, but as time passes you may find the above suggestions more attractive.

It's a bit problematic to keep track of what's been done with 2 separate topics.

I can't recall, have you updated the audio and video drivers to the latest, W10 versions?

Have you tried removing your malware protection (temporarily) - use Windows Defender and the Windows Firewall while you're testing.

Do you only have 1 antivirus and 1 firewall running?

Have you installed the 2 drivers that I mentioned previously?  I'm particularly concerned with the Sony Firmware Extension Parser driver as it's been a problem in the past with other systems.

#10 Parity

Parity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2015 - 03:52 PM

Not doing a clean install as it did nothing the first time as well as the second time, so why would I try a third time?

Downloaded/installed the drivers.

Edited by Parity, 12 September 2015 - 03:53 PM.

#11 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 13 September 2015 - 01:51 AM

so why would I try a third time?

Downloaded/installed the drivers

.The last video driver available for your laptop is for Windows 7/8/8.1 only according to sony esupport site. It is better if you could start diagnosing the problem with the original drivers provided from the manufacturing support site as opposed to Windows 10 generic drivers. 

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users