Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question about .dll files

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 redbull666

redbull666

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 05 September 2015 - 07:05 AM

Hi there 

As i understand it .dll files ( Dynamic-link library) provide instructions of sorts , regardless my question is should they list errors , or are they just listing every possibility that may occur when a file is run ?     For example 

DESEDE/couldn't create cipher./key invalid in message.Qexception decoding algorithm parameters.encoding error.Akey inappropriate for algorithm.?error making encrypted content.Ican't find key generation algorithm.)RSA/ECB/PKCS1Paddingoidno name for RFC3211Wrapno keysize for PKCS5S2RAW]Currently can't replace attribute certificatesKerror getting certificates from store;error getting CRLs from store1Expected RSA private keyIcan't mix DSA with anything but SHA1ECGOST3410ican't mix ECDSA with anything but SHA family digestscUnknown algorithm in CmsSignedGenerator.GetEncOidAerror processing attribute certsAkey inappropriate for signature.3error creating signature.'error creating sid.)encapsulation error.'signature problem: withio exception: Qno digests could be created for message.;problem parsing cert/crl setsEerror getting certs from certStoreCerror getting crls from certStoreoutStream3Expected writeable stream!dataOutputStreamksignatures without signed attributes not implemented.  

Could not create base string for loggingCould not send message: %sCould not send message size: %ssend_messageCould not convert message into xmlCould not convert raw xml into a dictionaryCould not create CFData for messageCould not receive secure message: %ldCould not allocate message buffer: %sreceive_messageCould not receive size of message on sock %d: %ld %sCould not create dictionary from streamCould not open the streamCreatePropertyListFromBufferCould not create stream from serialized dataCould not read %d bytes, read %d bytes.Could not create dictionary from file %sCould not wrap %d bytes with CFData.Could not allocate buffer of %d bytes.GetFileAttributesExA() failed %s: %dload_dict_windowsCreateFileA() failed %s: %d

Or if i open a .dll file in textpad   ( pic below ) 90% of the text just says error ............... , failed...................... ,cant........................ , unknown..................., not supported............................. ,   this is a bug , 

because basically every .dll file i open in text pad is the same , full of errors , bug in your program ect . 

Oh and yes my PC is full of viruses  and has many warnings that pop up all the time ( an ongoing problem ) But regardless my question is about  the .dll files ,

any comments are appreciated 

Attached File  dll errors.png   600.78KB   0 downloads

Attached File  dll error 2.png   595.11KB   0 downloads

Attached File  dll error 4.png   586.32KB   0 downloads

Edited by redbull666, 05 September 2015 - 07:13 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,705 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2015 - 07:35 AM

That appears to be normal. DLL files contain executable code routines that are called from other modules. It's normal for executables to contain sometimes quite extensive lists of error messages to cover all foreseeable error conditions that could occur if the module crashes.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 redbull666

redbull666
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2015 - 09:23 AM

Cool , thanks for the heads up , yes i thought it was strange that every file would just be full of errors . And what you say makes perfect sense , there could be possibly 1000`s of things that could go wrong and they need to cover all possibilities , and if things go well then you only need to mention successful or complete a few times . 

But  then again in a few files i have . No where does it say , completed , successful , or anything positive , then with warnings like  ************ WARNING : AppleMobileSync was found inits old location . I`mma let you finish , but you have the  worst install ever ****************   , then bogus , obsolete ect     I mean should i not see more positive things , at least one or two times in the file 

And maybe i used a bad example ,or because my PC is so full of virus's im not sure about anything at present ,especially as currently , i have two well known  virus`s  related to apple software , and i have warnings like 

invalid map/set<T> iteratormap/set<T> too longvector<T> too longApple Software Update Testing Mode Enabled**  If you see this otherwise, please contact your system administrator.  **This configuration could reveal potentially malicious packages not signed by Apple.

So you can understand why im a bit suspicious , ill try and compare my files to a friends files and see if they are similar , thanks for the input  

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,705 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2015 - 11:30 PM

In most cases there's no call to announce success at all - the performance of the function is all that is required. IF NOT Error THEN Success, basically (ha ha).

It's also reasonable that malware will contain a range of potential error messages - it's also software that has been written with the same sort of development tools that create legitimate applications. It could also contain bogus error messages of course, as well as fake "success!" responses...

Top 5 things that never get done:

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 07 September 2015 - 05:47 PM

Oh and yes my PC is full of viruses  and has many warnings that pop up all the time

I strongly advise that you go and start a topic in the 'Am I infected? section of BC to work on getting rid of these. There is virtually no point in trying to fix or comment on anything until a computer is clean. I see you had a topic in February - you need to start another.

Chris Cosgrove

#6 redbull666

redbull666
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2015 - 09:07 AM

Platypus

Thanks for the extra detail , all good to know  

As for getting rid of my virus , well Thanks for the input Chris ,   half my registry is Chinese  characters , the other half just only the location is displayed but the name of files missing , Pretty much had issues ever since i broke up with a girl who i later found out was a hacker and a games  developer / tester  /hacker of apple stuff , my website is now useless despite being rebuilt twice , haven't had a customer inquiry for 9 months  and tired of reformatting and reinstalling for the 100th time,

More so , for most of that time , i could scan my computer with every known anti virus product and come up with nothing , instead for two years i would end up on pastebin , or some other similar site or more often than not , i would end up getting only 5 or 6 hits on google . , For years i actually hoped i had a virus like most other computer users , just because it would then just be a matter of following a few steps or running a few programs to get a  secure system back.

i was  doing the  live cd thing for  quite  a while but on many occasions it would lock up and freeze , and once the usb itself got infected , so basically ive just given up , wasted a few years and thousands of dollars , anyway my business is dead , don't get any emails and hardly see anything on my Facebook feed .

And as for the virus , well in fact it was on my mothers computer, but she has now just bought an imac , 

As a side note , i did just that 2 years ago , bought  a brand new imac for $2000  , bought a $1000 Gaurdwatch firewall ( although in hindsight it probably wasn't configured as well as it could of been , as that would of been another $1000 to have a professional configure it to business standards )  and installed little snitch ( a program to monitor changes on a mac ) and within two weeks , little snitch was grayed out , so i had a quick look around and there was a second user account password protected.  Yep basically if some one wants your ass and they are good , or know people even better , your screwed  , trust me , i could write a book on the last 3 years , some will say bullbleep , paranoid ect , im not going to get into it , all ill say is 3 years ago i had loads of clients , loads of cash , and when people have to search for your friends on Facebook to call you on the phone  as they have been trying to reach you by skype , email ect  with no luck , yep its a loosing battle , anyway  that felt good to have A rant , thanks for all the help . 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users