Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

video problems in Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hankct

hankct

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 05 September 2015 - 07:03 AM

after upgrading to Windows 10 any time i attempt to stream a video i get a greeen pixillated screen. the windows forums i read all say to update my graphics driver (i did) it still does not work any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 05 September 2015 - 07:33 AM

What video hardware have you got, and what drivers are you using?  You can publish a snapshot with the small program Speccy if you're unsure.

What streaming video providers are you having the problem with?  What internet browser are you using? Have you tried an alternative?  Do offline video's work?

Also welcome to BC!  Apologies for all the questions but they are necessary to try to understand exactly what is going on.

Edited by jonuk76, 05 September 2015 - 09:04 AM.

7sbvuf-6.png

#3 hankct

hankct
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2015 - 10:22 AM

AMD Radeon HE 6310 Graphics​ this is what I show the drivers are current. I am using Microsoft edge and the streaming issue seems to be on all sites. any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

#4 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,180 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2015 - 10:51 PM

Hmm.. I'm not having any video problems with Edge.  I'm also using an AMD graphics card (a completely different desktop model though) and initially had some weird screen effects, including video problems, when I first did the upgrade, but they appeared to be fixed by one of the updates that subsequently came in (not sure which).

As a general guide I would suggest:

- Make sure you have the latest version of Flash, Silverlight (if you use it) installed

- Try disabling Hardware Acceleration in Flash (right click on a video playing and uncheck the Hardware Acceleration box)

- Try a different browser to see if the problem still occurs (Google Chrome has it's own Flash built into so may give different results to Edge)

- Check if any specific driver is available from your system manufacturer, as opposed to the generic AMD driver

Doing a little reading around, I found a thread on another forum (Guru3D) where someone else was reporting issues corrupted green video's with a similar notebook GPU (a HD6320 in his case).  It suggests there could be a driver problem with the latest Win10 driver from AMD on certain hardware.  His reported solution, as you can see, was to use an older Windows 8.1 driver (15.6 beta).  I would try the other things first.

If you do wish to try installing the older driver, I strongly recommend setting a system restore point before you do anything.  This will allow you to recover the current configuration if it goes wrong.

It is probably best to use Display Driver Uninstaller to remove the current drivers completely.  Then install the downloaded drivers.

Edited by jonuk76, 05 September 2015 - 10:52 PM.

7sbvuf-6.png

#5 hankct

hankct
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2015 - 07:57 AM

than you so much for the suggestions. very much appreciated

#6 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,180 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2015 - 08:48 AM

No problem.  One thing to add is if you do find using an older video driver cures the problem, you may find that Windows helpfully reverts it to the latest version anyway!  In older versions of Windows, driver updates were optional, but in 10 they are automatic and mandatory.  This is all well and good if the latest drivers they install don't break anything...

You can turn off automatic driver updates.  This is a broad approach that blocks all automatic driver updates.

Another option is to block specific updates using a Powershell module.  This will involve some use of the command line.

7sbvuf-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users