Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I think ZeroKill is killing my laptop

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 fate85

fate85

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 05 September 2015 - 06:31 AM

FRST64 logs attached. I tried to use eset and it says nothing is wrong, malwarebytes rootkiller same thing. I was running Avast but it kept trying to download weird plugins every boot. When i attempted to uninstall it didnt want to be deleted and is still present in my registry.

Other symptoms-

I have a two different run away svchost processes and a couple programs that seem related to Intel or Toshiba that just randomly showed up and cannot be killed.

I had to disable Superfetch to keep from BSODs.

Google and other webpages are redirecting in Firefox.

When i try to use iexplore.exe and look at these forums or any website that might offer advice IE force closes in an endless loop.

Firefox drains memory until i blue screen and no matter how many tabs i close the memory footprint stays the same.

Recently the desktop randomly split into multiple places on my hard drive. I've never seen that happen before!

Needless to say things are changing rather rapidly in the background without me touching the settings.

At one point (right before the desktop went wonky) the computer would not let me log in at all. I had to change my user name from UPPER CASE to lower case to allow access to my OS! My password has been the same for quite some time (upwards of a year), and i had my daughter try too so i know it wasnt just me...

I tried an running sfc from an elevated prompt and it kills at 21% with some bit about windows resource manager not being able to start. Then i tried to run dism and for some reason the basic commands were not accepted either.

It's getting worse and I'd really rather not play frisbee golf with this box but i need the shenanigans in my OS to stop here! I run my bread and butter earning eBay storefront from this laptop so my computer taking the long walk is not high on my 'feasible possibilities' list. I know you guys are rather busy but I could really use some help. I have a Win7 USB around here somewhere, I'll find it while waiting on your reply. Something tells me I'm going to need it, i.e. my recovery partition is shared now...

I'm working with a-

Toshiba Satellite P745-S4102

2.3GHz Intel i3

8GB RAM

750 GB HDD

Win 7 Home Premium

I used to run a dual boot environment with Ubuntu as well for pen testing and app building but that was some time back. I've been slacking on security like a noob. I speak a bit of the lingo so I won't get lost when you reply but I'm no expert by any definition. I appreciate any and all assistance/explanation offered.

My email is Removed if that helps.

Thanks for reading and for any time you may take sorting me out,

Signed

F8

Attached Files

Edited by xXToffeeXx, 05 September 2015 - 06:47 AM.
Email removed~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HelpBot

HelpBot

Bleepin' Binary Bot

• Bots
  • 12,760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 10 September 2015 - 06:35 AM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer!

I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.

We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.

To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:

step1.gif In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.

CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/589245 <<< CLICK THIS LINK

If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.

step2.gifIf you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:

• If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.
  • A new FRST log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
    • Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.
    • If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.
    • If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.
    • If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.
  • Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.
  • Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.

Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.

We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again:

• Download FRST by Farbar from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.

FRST Download Link

• When you go to the above page, there will be 32-bit and 64-bit downloads available. Please click on the appropriate one for your version of Windows. If you are unsure as to whether your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit, please see this tutorial.
  • Double click on the FRST icon and allow it to run.
  • Agree to the usage agreement and FRST will open. Do not make any changes and click on the Scan button.
  • Notepad will open with the results.
  • Post the new logs as explained in the prep guide.
  • Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.

As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

#3 HelpBot

HelpBot

Bleepin' Binary Bot

• Bots
  • 12,760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:40 AM

Hello again!

I haven't heard from you in 5 days. Therefore, I am going to assume that you no longer need our help, and close this topic.

If you do still need help, please send a Private Message to any Moderator within the next five days. Be sure to include a link to your topic in your Private Message.

Thank you for using Bleeping Computer, and have a great day!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users